Language Programs - East Coast

Interested in finding a language program to study at outside of the main cities on the west coast. Preferably somewhere with good beaches, hiking, and the like.

Anything decent besides Tzu Chi? It actually looks kind of interesting, but the whole uniform thing puts me off.

Edit: What about National Dong Hwa University? It looks nice, but it also looks like it’s in the middle of no where.

At the Tzu Chi language program you’re only required to wear the uniform (blue polo shirt) during the extracurricular activities that the school arranges (about once a month). Wearing the uniform shirt is basically a photo-op to promote the school. Regular class days you can wear whatever you like (well, no flip flops, and shorts can’t be too short)

And yeah, Dong Hwa is out in the boonies, but you said you wanted to find a place outside of the cities with beaches and hiking, maybe you’ll like it.

Thanks! I remember reading in the Tzu Chi thread that you were planning to go there to study. Anything about it that you would/wouldn’t recommend? The facilities and location, from what I’ve been able to dig up online, look great. But… it also gives off a very - sheltered? - vibe. What are the students like?

Edit: Going further south, apparently Taidong University has a language program? Haven’t been able to find anything on it though.

Hey! Did you ever find out more info about Taidong University language program? I’m considering studying there.