Laser hair ttt in Taipei

Hello fellow,

I live in Taipei, I wanted to do laser hair removal. I asked about the price in Taipei Adventist hospital, they said it costs 15000NTD for both thighs per treatment, and I’m going to have from 5-6 treatments.However, when I asked in private beauty clinics , they said it only cost around 3500NTD per treatment , and if I get 3 treatments I will pay only 10500NTD.
I’m so confused about this much difference in the price between the hospital and the private clinics.

Can anyone help me plz understand bcoz I’m a foreigner, I don’t know anyone to ask , and I don’t want to spend money on something useless.

Thank u in advance.

Anyone ?

Seems like there aren’t any hairy foreigners here.

Only comment I could offer is that private clinics are not particularly well-regulated. You really have no idea whether the person operating the equipment has any idea what they’re doing. The process involves a powerful laser and anesthetics and shouldn’t be done by a clueless newbie.

The hospitals are likely to give you a better service, and with at least some chance that they’ll fix it if something goes wrong. They’ll probably also have better/more-modern equipment, although that’s not always so.

It depends more on which kind of laser they are using. That often tells you more about the price. Adventist is alos more expensive in most areas.

Private clinics often offer packages and are very competitive. For instance, last time I asked at one near my home that belongs to a national chain, I got like 20 something k for both face, legs and underarms package. Dunno for the nether regions. Did not ask.

Best bet is shop around, compare, ask satisfied customers.

1 Like

Was the result good enough for u ?

Language is a barrier here , it’s difficult to shop around to ask.

Actually, I went for electrolysis because I am old fashioned and have severe skin issues. It went not that ideal. So I am also considering laser. There were a couple of sales over Chinese New Year so right now it is still a good time to go shopping.

I dunno how much english the big chains have. Will ask a friend and have a look. Japanese I know they have, interestingly, Japanese people like to come to Taiwan for esthethic treatments.

1 Like

BTW, male or female, no problem. At the electrolysis place, they had a bunch of guys who were getting electrolysis on their faces… so they wouldn’t have to shave anymore!

I understand completely.

What about laser clinics ? Do u know anyone who has experience here in Taipei ?