Le Blanc Taipei

No corkage fee at Le Blanc.

2 Likes

12 oz prime ribeye still 1000 after all these years?

Pretty sure it’s 10 oz.

1 Like

How was the drinks, anything good from the bar? It looks nice.

They have decent beers. Local microbrewery stuff. They probably also have mixed drinks and wine. But with the no corkage fee, I find bringing my own scotch the best way to approach things.

1 Like

Went to Le Blanc for my son’s birthday. He wanted lobster on this special occasion so lobster it was. I got the 20 oz steak. I asked for it well done, which never ends well at restaurants as, typically, the outside is fully cooked but the inside is basically rare. Well, the chef last night seems to know the heart of a man who likes his steaks fully cooked through and through. He sliced my steak into thin pieces and cooked everything exactly how I like it. God bless his soul! And with the horseradish sauce, I thoroughly enjoyed the steak.

7 Likes

Expensive steak cooked well-done.

Each to their own, I guess

I have tried steaks cooked medium well and other ways. I really have tried to eat them the “right” way. But I just don’t enjoy it. The key is marbling so it doesn’t turn out dry, and the steak last night was perfect in this respect.

4 Likes

I say enjoy your steak the way you like your steak and nothing else matters.

2 Likes

No worries, I’m only kidding.

Anthony Bourdain must be spinning.

2 Likes

In the back of my mind, there’s always a slight concern that the chef will spit on my steak when I order it well done.

2 Likes

I advise against ordering the clam chowder.

1 Like

Given the state of the food and beverage industry in Taiwan right now, that is good news indeed. With labour shortages around, and “substitute chefs” thrown into action, the scene has become often shambolic if not worse. I’m glad to hear you had a good meal. :partying_face:

Guy

1 Like

I have wondered if they might give me something from the back of the freezer.

I went to a steakhouse in the old country recently, I ordered a new york strip medium well. It came out perfect but as I was eating it it aftercooked a bit I guess and edged over to pretty much well done. I was loving it, perfect, but the headwaiter actually came over to apologize to me several times lol. I told him eventually “no worries, I like my meat cooked, what can I say” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried Le Blanc when it’s was 1000nt. But no way I’m paying 1500nt.

1 Like