Let's list all the places that won't accept ARC

I’m on board. Maybe doesn’t mean much, but I am all for supporting everyone who wants take up this mission. It is important. Our home is here.

It might be auto corrected or I’m wrong, but I think it is Foreign Spouses Network.

Edit:

Ah, you know better than me.

In the following report, a story from NNFS is included.

FOREIGNERS MARRIED TO ROC NATIONALS - CURRENT SITUATION
doc file
www.openreport.taipei.gov.tw

https://www.google.com.tw/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.openreport.taipei.gov.tw/OpenFront/report/show_file.jsp%3FsysId%3DC09404565%26fileNo%3D4&ved=0ahUKEwiY94Xj8N7XAhXFkpQKHSy-CegQFggyMAM&usg=AOvVaw30J-JCzMcjzhW5h0P7RMjG

tando, thanks for the report it looks interesting, I’ll read it tomorrow.
I don’t know much. By the time Hartzel opened the door on my rights, I was kind of burnt out. I got my permit and worked in the family business.
I pretty much buried my head until recently. I want to start working outside.

I’ve told this story a hundred times. One by one, Hartzel opened the door to important rights just as I was probably at the breaking point.
Spending too much money renewing my license every time ARC expires, hartzel worked out an arrangement. Sick of filling out the forms or an extension every year, Hartzel negotiated the longer term ARC. My daughter about to be born, finally kids of foreigner fathers were automatically citizens. Boss threatened me when I said I wanted to be on my wifes Visa. He said that I had to choose between his visa or my wife’s visa. I had just got my personal work permit that was independent of the boss etc, etc, etc.
I’m afraid I was not an organizer. I helped sign petitions and stuff but more often than not, I was sending urgent letters to Hartzel who replied by telling me this new right came through and just fill out these papers.

3 Likes

well, it keeps getting worse: http://m.focustaiwan.tw/news/aedu/201712130021.aspx

Double nationality for Hartzell! Let’s make a signature drive!!!

Easy solution, don’t go!

1 Like

Thats what I’ve done. Refuse to support them out of principle. Still disgusting treatment of tax paying residents

When the gondola told me that foreigners don’t get a discount, I walked out and took the taxi.

1 Like

Assholes even stress you need a Taiwan ID not only passport.

Hazzah! Hartzel has save my life if not my sanity… Lost that a few years ago. …
Hartzel seemed to have left this bulletin board and is no pursuing some … "Taiwan was never given back and still belongs to the USA agenda? I’m not sure. I
I wish he would come back to us or at least train a successor. .

1 Like

In an ironic twist, I tried to send cash overseas today, using Western Union. I tried yesterday but the Dept. of immigration still had my APRC for detail changes. WU refused to send money without card, even though i had my Passport and multiple ID’s and even a letter from Immigration stating they have my card.
I even asked why they could not send , using my Passport ( I may be a tourist). Against Bank rules they said, not WU rules.
Anyway , I collected my updated APRC card and went to another WU office today.
They said they could not do it because …wait for it…there is no expiry date on my card ! ( as is the case on all APRC’s)
I would do it electronically but reached my limit.
Sigh.

Yushan Bank was equally stomped by the no expiration date APRC a few years back. They solved it by putting 2099 or some similar far in the future date into the computer. You could offer that as a possible solution to their conundrum.

1 Like

I have APRC, but I just show my passport and nothing else when sending WU.

Yes, I thought that would be no problem, I even had an entry stamp from last month…but.

2 Likes

I was almost denied boarding on a flight from Vietnam back to Taipei because my APRC had no expiration date on it.

The bank asked my friend what the expiry date was on his arpc. He said…what does permanent mean to you? (Yongjiu). Blank stare…

3 Likes

Hey don’t get too philosophical here. After all, nothing is permanent. :smiley:

Guy

Ironically that’s true… permanent insomuch as you meet residency and legal requirements… so really not so permanent

Does not compute…does not compute…Brr, brr. Short circuit. Stop all functions.

1 Like

What airline was that?

VietJet.