Let's talk about Trump

Originally, a great many more were embarrassed but when Americans got a taste of the intellectual and policy bright light that is Justin Trudeau, they decided things weren’t so bad after all…

washingtonpost.com/politics … story.html

The pigeons always come home to roost in the end.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/pushing-racial-boundaries-trump-draws-rebuke-from-a-fretful-gop/2016/06/04/fbd298c8-2a6d-11e6-b989-4e5479715b54_story.html

The pigeons always come home to roost in the end.[/quote]

Given his own standards, shouldn’t we be calling him Mr. Drumpf, and reporting his views in the original German?

I’m beginning to think he’s actually worse than some of the alternative Republican candidates whom I would normally be implacably opposed to.

I hope the rest of America comes to the same realization before it’s too late. The problem with Trump isn’t that he’s a radical, or a huge racist, or a climate change denier, or a failure of a business man, or a tax dodger, or a complete fucking moron. He’s all of those things, but so is Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio. The problem with Trump is, he’s unchained. If Marco Rubio for example were to be President, he wouldn’t get any of his radical ideas through to the point where they actually hurt America very much. In the end there really isn’t that much difference between Bush, Obama, Rubio or Clinton. Most policies would go on as they were, with perhaps some minor tweaks here and there. America would still be America, even if Rubio was President.

If Trump gets elected however, that’s when things can get out of control. We are witnessing for the first time in many Presidential cycles the potential for a true unchained radical to get elected. When that happens, you sure hope they have the moral foundation of a Lincoln or a Kennedy that is going to radically change things to represent what’s right.

Hopefully the next radical President who significantly changes the face of America isn’t Donald fucking Drumpf.

It’s shocking that he’s gaining popularity from rants that wouldn’t even get him selected as a candidate as your local councillor!

I’m personally concerned that he will set back efforts to deal with climate change worldwide. Maybe the other republican candidates weren’t any better. Still it’s a sad day if America elects this sideshow Bob to be its leader.

See how Paul Ryan folded people will do anything to get into power.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]

See how Paul Ryan folded people will do anything to get into power.[/quote]

Indeed.

With all the very real and palpable problems faced by both the USA and the world, it takes a cultlike mindset to think that global whatevering is the chief issue on which to evaluate a future president.

I’d call it alarmism, except it deliberately ignores plenty of concrete things to be alarmed about. More likely it’s displacement. But… to each his doomsday cult.

I wouldn’t get too worked up about Trump because business as usual will triumph in the end. It always does. It would be worthwhile heeding what an unlikely clown like Trump has tapped into though – a vast reservoir of frustration and resentment in America at being labelled a bigot for wanting secure borders, an end to chickenshit wars, a fair shake from the fatcats negotiating free trade, and freedom from being gunned down in the workplace or blown to pieces at the Boston Marathon by collateral damage. That deep frustration is growing and while it won’t be a determining factor in the coming election it won’t be going away anytime soon.

I agree with Winston. Both the Sanders and Trump populist candidacies represent a serious resentment by the rank and file in both parties of the respective party elites.

However if Trump is elected (I voted for Marco Rubio in the primary), I think many Tea Party activists will feel like hanging themselves, because I believe Trump is just another center-left “Rockefeller” Republican like Nixon and Gerald Ford who will be very busy jumping across the aisle to cut “deals” with Democrats. That might not be a bad thing, but many Tea Partiers who thought (without much evidence) Trump was the second coming of Ronald Reagan or Barry Goldwater will have some well deserved egg on their face.

Trump is the most overtly racist leader we’ve seen at the podium in quite a number of years. He’s not saying secure the borders peacefully and legally, he’s saying loud and clear get “them” out of the country. He announced his candidacy with pure racism and it hasn’t stopped. He’s saying loud and clear, he’s losing his court case because a Mexican is the judge. A Mexican ! How dare the Mexicans allow one of their people to be born in the United States, graduate from a good University, pass the bar exam, work his way up to be a court judge, and preside over a case involving a white male. How dare they !

If he was just trying to secure the borders, 100% of the public would be on board. Literally everybody would agree that the borders of a country should be secure and the laws should be abided by. That ain’t what Drumpf is saying my friend. His message is quite a bit more sinister, or haven’t you noticed?

Trump is the most overtly racist leader we’ve seen at the podium in quite a number of years. He’s not saying secure the borders peacefully and legally, he’s saying loud and clear get “them” out of the country. He announced his candidacy with pure racism and it hasn’t stopped. He’s saying loud and clear, he’s losing his court case because a Mexican is the judge. A Mexican ! How dare the Mexicans allow one of their people to be born in the United States, graduate from a good University, pass the bar exam, work his way up to be a court judge, and preside over a case involving a white male. How dare they !

If he was just trying to secure the borders, 100% of the public would be on board. Literally everybody would agree that the borders of a country should be secure and the laws should be abided by. That ain’t what Drumpf is saying my friend. His message is quite a bit more sinister, or haven’t you noticed?[/quote]

What I noticed when I was in southern Arizona this spring visiting friends is that border security is all but non-existent there and ranchers and others feel as if they’re under siege and the government has forgotten them. The prevailing theory is that government-as-usual doesn’t want to antagonize Hispanic-Americans by doing what’s necessary to secure the southern border. Some people would consider that belief “racist” but I don’t. Those same clueless do-gooders don’t seem to have noticed that the more they dismiss the concerns of large swaths of Americans as sinister racism the more Trump’s support swells, however flawed he is as a messenger.

Exactly. Errr it’s more the actual racism that is the problem. This one is damaging IMO. An off-the-cuff dismissal of an American citizen because of their nationality is ugly. And to top it off, it’s for a selfish reason. Very poor judgement. Watching TReps try to spin it is mildly amusing, at least.

politico.com/story/2016/06/d … ist-223997

They’re playing against one of the best cards in their hand here. Elementary error. Trump’s lack of political experience is only going to become more apparent.

Not many Presidents get recalled (Nixon came close but none have been). Trump may be the first if he gets elected. He might become Prez when the only other option is Clinton? I will take her though because at least she SHOULD know how things are run, having been involved with those “things” for so long. Trump as Mark Cuban, IIRC just said “only knows how to put his name on large buildings”

He may as well have one of the Khardasians as Vice President. No , wait that will ENSURE he gets elected by the American public at large if KIM K was to be selected as his running mate. Then we will have the big head and the big butt as our leaders.

Trump will say to everyone “You are Fired”

But anyway as some say, the Illuminati will keep whoever wins in line. They will be all the same.

Policies will be the same, more of the sameness as before. But Trump has a chance to be NOT THE SAME, but I am not sure that is GOOD. Hitler was NOT THE SAME. And look where that got us.

Kennedy had a few moments of “not the sameness” , especially with the Cuban Missile Crisis and stand up to Russia. But we still don’t know who exactly was responsible in Dallas do we?

I wouldn’t expect TYT to say anything nice about Trump, but an interesting video here.

Interesting conclusion. All kind of things could happen, but it’s probably just reasonable position staking at this point. In fairness, it could be simple human decency at work–then again, we are talking about politicians.

Earth to BrentGolf et al:

[quote]Border ranchers in Cochise County feel abandoned by Washington

DOUGLAS – Border security is a hot topic on the presidential campaign trail, but Arizona ranchers who live near the border say they’ve been left out of the debate and forgotten by Washington lawmakers, who they say have done nothing about immigration reform.

“In the federal government, there’s absolutely zero level of urgency,” said Ed Arshurst, a rancher in Cochise County.

Arshurst’s ranch is 20 miles from the Arizona-Mexico border. A year ago he set up a camera system to capture images of the people who cut through his property.

“See, this is dope,” Arshurst pointed to video images and photos of two men in camouflage clothing carrying large backpacks.

“That traffic is no different, I’d say it has increased, although the government does not want people to know that,” Arshurst said. “You become numb to it, because there’s so much of it.”

Cochise County shares 83 miles of border with Mexico. Although the number of undocumented workers crossing has declined, the region remains a major drug trafficking corridor.

“We’ve had 51 trucks through our ranch in the last three and a half years, full of marijuana, full-size pickup, and hadn’t been caught,” said John Ladd, a rancher who is right on the border just west of Naco. “They’re cutting the steel wall down in the daytime, and driving three miles to the highway. Now you tell me that we have a secure border.”

Ladd said he often sees smugglers or their lookouts on his ranch.

“Never let them see that you’re on the phone,” Ladd said. “I call the border patrol after they leave.”

Both Arshurst and Ladd said they have had to cope with people breaking into their homes and stealing vehicles.

“The third time we had someone in our house, we decided to lock the door and the third time we had our vehicles stolen, we decided to take the key out,” said Ladd. “Everything’s got a lock on it.”

Ranchers in Cochise County say they were promised more security five years ago after Robert Krentz was shot and killed on his ranch about 25 miles north of the border.[/quote]
Wouldn’t want to upset the constituency by doing something “racist” in an election year.

Dont forget only Republicans can be racist, and the Democrats and MSM can choose what is and what isn’t racist at any particular time. Someone figured out the game is rigged and isn’t playing along and the left are throwing a hissy fit.

It’s as if the court jester is mounting a coup and the only option a disillusioned populace has is a corrupt queen.

Having billionaire sideshow Bob as your solution ain’t no solution at all.

Build De wall.

He’s Mexican.

Rapists, killers.

Never mind he wants to burn all the coal he can to pollute your nation and the rest of the planet.

What an arsehole. If he gets elected he’s going to generate incredible amounts of hatred and division. Americans should be ashamed for supporting this racist. Does it mean that large sections of American society are still racially divided. I guess it does. Mexican Americans have been a major part of America proper since the start! Insulting them is like insulting your brother. It’s low.

If he was just trying to secure the borders, 100% of the public would be on board. Literally everybody would agree that the borders of a country should be secure and the laws should be abided by. That ain’t what Drumpf is saying my friend. His message is quite a bit more sinister, or haven’t you noticed?[/quote]

What I noticed when I was in southern Arizona this spring visiting friends is that border security is all but non-existent there and ranchers and others feel as if they’re under siege and the government has forgotten them. The prevailing theory is that government-as-usual doesn’t want to antagonize Hispanic-Americans by doing what’s necessary to secure the southern border. Some people would consider that belief “racist” but I don’t. Those same clueless do-gooders don’t seem to have noticed that the more they dismiss the concerns of large swaths of Americans as sinister racism the more Trump’s support swells, however flawed he is as a messenger.[/quote]

Again I don’t understand why you’re having such a difficult time with this. I repeat, NOBODY disagrees with what you said. EVERYBODY agrees border security is terrible and something needs to be done. EVERYBODY agrees that citizenship laws should be abided by. NOBODY thinks that a desire to secure the borders is racist. NOBODY thinks that enforcing the laws of the United States is anti Mexican.

Now here’s the kicker Winston. Different people have different ideas on how to solve the problem. Again I repeat, EVERYBODY agrees there is a problem, but not everybody agrees Trump has the right solution.

But by all means, keep kicking the crap out of your strawman :whistle: