Levi's Outlet

The cloest to Taipei I read about here on Forumosa is near the Taoyan Tesco. Anyway, that info was from 2006… does this one exist any more? Or are there maybe any closer shops opened since then?

I saw one in Hsimen last week and there’s also one in the Hsindien in the Carrefour/B&Q mall.
Don’t know exact addresses.
Sorry.

The one in Taoyuan was still there a few months ago. No idea if it is now, or about other outlets.

I think you will find that any “Outlet” is simply an advertising ploy. Expect them to sell Levis’s and other brands. Same with any other “outlet” store. I want a Scotch Outlet. . . . . . . . .OH, Wait a minute! I think I got one of those. Yuppers. Thar she be.
Sorry, it’s late. BTW. You Brits and Frenchies, stop having your subs run into each other. What? They think it’s mating season?

I saw a store with a big Levi’s sign outside it in Gongguan today.

I saw a pair of levis today on a sign with a huge bird sticking out the fly. Don’t try this at home.

There are quite a few Levi stores in Taipei. Check the store locator on the Levi’s Taiwan website: levi.com.tw/store_locator.aspx (only Chinese, though.) They don’t sell unwashed 501s, though, which is what I want.

Okay, maybe let me define closer what I mean by “outlet”… What I mean is a store that has Levi’s 524 at a price way below 3000 NT$, maybe even some with minor defects. So not just any store that has them, but, well, an outlet. Which means you don’t get any bonus programmes etc., just jeans.

Man , is we glad Walmarts got Levis or is we glad? 100 bucks for a pair??

p.s. If Levis are imported into Taiwan (as I think they are), then they likely wont be importing ones with slight defects?

Well, they are imported into my home country, and there you get ones with slight defects quite cheap. Yes, original… And somone posted about getting those in the south of Taiwan, so I was wondering how about Taipei :slight_smile:

I shop at Ross a lot (like thats the only place I go besides Walmart and TArget) and Iv learned to never buy clothing with any defects. Because those defects can make the garment unwearable really.

Iv learned to stay far far away from those. Course we are lucky in that even Levis at Levis stores are reasonably priced. Say 40 to 50 dollars for nice pair of jeans. And that same pair (if you can get the right size and all that) at Ross would be bout 15 bucks. Walmart would have it for about 35 dollars or so.

But 100 bucks is excessive for a pair.

Both places I told you about earlier are what you are looking for.
They sell Levis and only Levis and they are are factory seconds and closeout items.

[quote=“Josefus”]Both places I told you about earlier are what you are looking for.
They sell Levis and only Levis and they are are factory seconds and closeout items.[/quote]
Thanks Josefus. I was looking for a Levis outlet too, actually. I’ll probably try the Xindian place. Hope I can find slim fit jeans there though. My legs are relatively short and some regular cut pants end up looking too wide.

Thanks a lot Josefus, gonna try to find those - and when i do, report back with the address :slight_smile:

Too bad there’s no Ross in Taiwan.

By the way, it’s “I’ve”, not “Iv”. :sunglasses:

The Mall is on Jung Shing Rd Sec. 3., in Hsindien.
There are a few other outlets inside, the best one being the Nike Outlet.
Here’s a pic of the Levi’s Outlet:

Too bad there’s no Ross in Taiwan.

By the way, it’s “I’ve”, not “Iv”. :sunglasses:[/quote]

Next you will be telling me there aint no f.o.n.e.s around. (hey the auto speller changed F as in funny , O as in open, N as in nancy, e as in england to Phones. …wow)

Thanks Josefus, I checked this and found what I was looking for.

By the way, this is a “official” Levi’s store, the stuff they sell cheaper there is out of two categories:

1. Seconds -> minor defects

2. Old stuff -> left overs from last season, that are not sold this season any more

Also I saw at Costco they have Levi’s 501 for ~1200 NT$, only in one standard colour, though (stone washed). Still, good deal in my opinion :slight_smile:

If you happen to visit Chuanghua, you might find some clothes of brands sell at a very attractive price, the factories of brands such as Levi’s are located in middle or southern part of Taiwan.

Sometimes they will bring stock to sell, I got two 501 T-shirts for USD20, this is almost half the price, okay, three years ago, now I seldom have the chance to pay a visit to the suburban area.

I haven’t checked Costco, but what are Levi’s jeans going for these days? 1200NT? 3000NT?