Life is Cool In Taiwan

Indeed…you dumb f***.

http://www.nexttv.com.tw/vod/10188561?slug=news-feature

$4k NT…ouch! :roflmao:

[color=#008000]
Moderator’s notes:

I’ve temped the completely off-topic posts, but left the original post alone.[/color]

[color=#008000]Also, some of the posts in other threads on this topic have been temped because they included personal info.[/color]

[color=#FF0000]Disclaimer:[/color] [color=#008000]This post does NOT appear to promote illegal activities. In fact, the comment “Indeed…you dumb f***,” indicates strong disapproval with the scooter rider’s actions.[/color]

I like how in the video he says “This is how you GET AWAY with riding on the highway in Taiwan” . And then he gets ticketed.

I originally thought that it was a “famous” rider we have here on Forumosa, but by the voice and the looks of the girlfriend… it’s not.

The bad thing about this is… people are going to start making assumptions about the big-noses…

The other thing I hate about Taiwanese news is how they make useless comments when showing YouTube videos. Comments made in this video were:

“He even has the gall to change lanes!”

“He saw the police, so he’s using a bus to hide, thinking that he can get away.”

“He even rides into a gas station the wrong way.”

Like, c’mon Taiwanese news… please… don’t talk too much.

[quote=“shawn_c”]

Like, c’mon Taiwanese news… please… don’t talk too much.[/quote]

I was rolling my eyes at that gas station comment…like I didn’t fucking see cars running red lights by going in the oncoming lane twice today…now THAT should be news.

[quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“shawn_c”]

I was rolling my eyes at that gas station comment…like I didn’t fucking see cars running red lights by going in the oncoming lane twice today…now THAT should be news.[/quote]

Only twice??? Damn, you must really live in the sticks. I usually see it at least 6 times before I am out of the driveway… :ohreally:

Fucking Taiwan media. They went to his home. And talked to his security guard. The guard says that he doesn’t have a spot in the underground parkade, but parks there anyway. THAT’S NEWS FOLKS!!! WHITE GUY PARKS IN PARKING LOT BUT DOESN’T HAVE HIS OWN SPOT!!! I’m surprised they haven’t sent a SWAT team after him yet. Fucking white people :unamused: .

[quote=“bigduke6”][quote=“Mordeth”][quote=“shawn_c”]

I was rolling my eyes at that gas station comment…like I didn’t fucking see cars running red lights by going in the oncoming lane twice today…now THAT should be news.[/quote]

Only twice??? Damn, you must really live in the sticks. I usually see it at least 6 times before I am out of the driveway… :ohreally:[/quote]

And that´s nothing. Last Friday I was chased AGAIN by an asshole and his blue van because I dared to blow the horn when he was getting into the bike´s lane in the middle of a curve. The guy went nuts and chased me, and dude, I was ridding fuckin´ fast (to get rid from him), but eventually he got me and tried to pull me off the road several times, like if it were a movie. There was a lot of bikes but he could keep on me, though.

I´m really dying to see how one of these @#$% ends his moronic days smashing his red teeth against a wall, truly. I think I will feel bad person but still will enjoy it.

Americans are generally pretty law abiding, but just last week two cars on separate occasions cut right in front of me on the crosswalk. And thats pretty unheard of here. Both were driven by middle aged white women. I felt like taking off a shoe and throwing it at them, but then they could be armed and could shoot me.

Never know round here.

[quote=“jesus80”]
And that´s nothing. Last Friday I was chased AGAIN by an asshole and his blue van because I dared to blow the horn when he was getting into the bike´s lane in the middle of a curve. The guy went nuts and chased me, and dude, I was ridding fuckin´ fast (to get rid from him), but eventually he got me and tried to pull me off the road several times, like if it were a movie. There was a lot of bikes but he could keep on me, though.

I´m really dying to see how one of these @#$% ends his moronic days smashing his red teeth against a wall, truly. I think I will feel bad person but still will enjoy it.[/quote]

I haven’t been chased in forever. The first few years I was here I was getting chased on a regular basis. Been years since someone has chased me. I miss it. :cry: I once shot up on the sidewalk at high speed to lose someone, he tried to follow me but ripped off his lower plastics. Was fun.

Why on earth was someone chasing you?

Well sometimes it’s from simply honking at someone like Jesus80 said. But I used to have a lot more road rage issues when I was new to Taiwan and I would regularly give people the middle finger. I rarely do that anymore.

Well sometimes it’s from simply honking at someone like Jesus80 said. But I used to have a lot more road rage issues when I was new to Taiwan and I would regularly give people the middle finger. I rarely do that anymore.[/quote]

Yup, I also have given the finger a couple of times with funny consequences… but you don´t need to give the finger or even blow the horn anybody to get troubles. One big car was waving in and out the lanes as if he were ridding a scooter instead of driving a big car as he was doing indeed, and as we stopped in one traffic light I moved my hand in the same way he was driving. The guy took this as a big offence and decided to try to scare me using similar tactics than the blue van´s. What scared me the most is to find out that inside the car there were two or three children receiving an excellent example of how to became a good taiwanese driver…

Especially touching are moms that run red lights with a car (or mini-SUV) full of children … while yakking on their mobile phone. Most of the men red light runners are alone. Perhaps it’s just that red light running is so common, and housewives tend to have kids in the car.

Well sometimes it’s from simply honking at someone like Jesus80 said. But I used to have a lot more road rage issues when I was new to Taiwan and I would regularly give people the middle finger. I rarely do that anymore.[/quote]

Yup, I also have given the finger a couple of times with funny consequences… but you don´t need to give the finger or even blow the horn anybody to get troubles. One big car was waving in and out the lanes as if he were ridding a scooter instead of driving a big car as he was doing indeed, and as we stopped in one traffic light I moved my hand in the same way he was driving. The guy took this as a big offence and decided to try to scare me using similar tactics than the blue van´s. What scared me the most is to find out that inside the car there were two or three children receiving an excellent example of how to became a good taiwanese driver…[/quote]

I occaisionally (in extremis, but there’s no shortage of that) use the “dick head” gesture, and sometimes a sort of palm or palms up (depending on the exigencies of steering) Oi Vay/My Hand to God/WTF? gesture.

Havn’t had any trouble so far, I assume partly because they don’t know what they mean.

Hope so anyway, because I are a wimpy English teecha with a bad leg, and I don’t want no trouble.