It's Julie :discodance:
Several teachers had told me about this posting so I came to check it out. Thanks for everyone's support!
I see that there seems to be some confusion regarding how ACI operates. Therefore, just for clarification, please read below for our service charge rules.
- For applicants outside of Taipei City/County: NO FEE
- For applicants who gets hired to teach at schools within Taipei City/County:
- ACI does charge our teachers a one-time agent fee for placing them at a job.
- The fee is not reoccurring, which means you only pay the fee once.
- The total that we will collect from you is 10% of your one month's earning.
- So, for instance, we got you a position that pays 60,000/month, your fee due to us would be 6000, and if the position pays 10,000/month, then your fee due to us would be 1000.
- After we have received your payment, we will write you a two-ply receipt.
Of course, the fee is only applicable if you were to accept the position.
As far as the kind of positions go, yes, we have all kinds, ranging from kindergarten to teaching business classes. But, naturally, most positions are for teaching kids 6-13 years old in the afternoons.
Teaching kindy IS illegal, especially with the new policy that has just passed. So if you wish to teach at a morning kindy, please be very careful, and please weigh out the consequences carefully. Some schools are safer than others, and we do explain each school's situation beforehand to our teachers.
Although we would love to get everyone a great job, this is unfortunately not always within our capability (of course we want to make money, too!). We try to do the best matching we can, but sometimes there is just nothing that fits what a teacher may be requesting. Therefore, I apologize if we do not always immediately get back to everyone. However, we do have a list system, so if you let us know exactly what you want, we will put you on that particular list. Then, when a job becomes available, we will contact the people on that list first.
I hope I have made everything clear. Please do feel free to contact ACI if you have any questions or concerns.
The Julie from Asian Consultants International