List of BJJ Schools in Taiwan

What are all the places one can train bjj in Taiwan? I’ve heard of a school in Taipei, Taichung, and Kaohsiung… so that’s 3 that I know of. Are there any others?

Also, are there any black belts in Taiwan? Brown Belts? How many?

taiwan bjj academy
www.taiwanbjj.org
currently is hosting the 2008 mundial brown belt champion
so far there has been nothing but praise for him on our forum, you can check that out. Taiwan bjj academy does not have resident brown/black belt instructors, however, we do host guest instructors 3-4 times a year with a minimum stay of 2 months. The school has 3 purple belts and 15+ blue belts actively training.

Evolution combat- www.evolutioncombat.com
headed by Gordon is also in taipei. they are very conveniently located by Taiwan University. Gordon is a purple belt and also has a handful of blue belts training with him.

Hsing-tsu (xing-zhu)
Ming-Wu MMA group
www.mingwu.com.tw
they have MMA and no gi grappling classes.
these classes are conducted by Matt (from Taichung) and Tommy Shih from the Forge in Kaoshiung

Taichung no gi submission
you’ll have to contact matt. He has been in the game for a long long time and is very good in no gi.

Gracie Barra Taiwan (kaoshiung)
www.graciebarra.com.tw
lead by Ben and Luke (both really good blue belts)
they are instructed by Tommy Shih (more or less the resident instructor there at the moment) He is a brown belt from the distinguished BJJ black belt Hayakawa from Triforce Tokyo

Awesome. Thanks.

And I’m a white belt thinking of teaching on some foam mats again with the help of a Gracie DIY BJJ book …

sup sean…
good to hear that you are still thinking of rolling!!!
my invitation still stands… come by and roll anytime…
couple taiwan bjj ole schoolers still lounging around…
dennis… seven… eric…isaac and me!
the new brown belt instructor is awesome! you’ll love his stuff.

warren
taiwan bjj academy

Why is mat space always so limited even in the cheaper areas to live such as Taizhong?

Anyone interested in practicing BJJ in taoyuan? feel free to contact me and we can set up something
peace

??? Never even heard of one well known MMA fighter from Taiwan. Who is it?

Rocky Lee

Thanks for sharing. I don’t really see much about Taiwanese MMA fighters, so it’s good to hear about it. I found news on internet about him.

There are not a ton of MMA fighters. The UFC Gym just opened, and Matheus, a super nice guy from GFTeam, runs the Jiu-Jitsu. But his style is more gi rather than no gi. Martial Armor on Roosevelt RD is a good place to train MMA. Rafael Miranda is a super nice guy, and he is a great trainer. The PMA guys train a lot of no gi and MMA too, Kyle Vass is really good. I have never trained with Danimal in Kaoshiung but his team is more no gi oriented.

But there are a lot of good Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu teams. Taiwan BJJ (where I train) has really good guys, David Wei is really good. And TWBJJ had one person won the IBJJF Asian Open and one girl who got third in Worlds. And in Taichung, Justin Lee and Demitri are super nice and have really good Jiu-Jitsu. And so does Andre Liu at Bonsai.