Llary's (almost) Complete Guide to Rep. Office Registration

I’m sorry, what is CI an acronym for ?

Certificate of Incorporation

Thanks guys,

I’m in aff marketing and was looking to expand my business with the travel niche in Taiwan. However it would take me a while to open contracts locally, and complement my company’s main income stream that way. Do you need to show results of your work as rep agent every year - proof of new contracts opened, income etc… ? I’d basically be living off income remitted from the parent company for a few years, as the income derived from opening contracts in Taiwan would likely be negligible at first. Just wondering if it’s OK if you don’t have anything to show for being a rep agent for a few years.

-delonge

Just out of interest, I see a some people here registered in some distant tax heavens like BVI, Belize or Caynman Islands before creating a rep office - Doesn’t this raise eyebrows with the Taiwan Office , or can such rep offices get approved as long as the line of business is legit. I’d think you want to get all the odds in your favor and register at Hong Kong or Singapore if you can. Llary’s guide mentions getting an LLC as the first step, but doesn’t discuss the different shades of LLC based on location… maybe it’s not important.

Your question will probably get answered over here in a few days:

So far it seems that the CLA will ask to see proof of activity when granting renewals, etc. AFAIK there is no written standard whatsoever for what qualifies as sufficient activity to merit a representative being based in Taiwan, so how they decide to reject a renewal is anyone’s guess. So far. Maybe we’ll know more soon–as I say, check the above post every few days if you’re interested.

Thanks buddy, seems kind of brutal what happened to him -

I guess they deliver 3 year investor ARCs though ? That should give one plenty of time to document his work, contracts, etc when the time comes to renew.

In his case, looks like his rep office wasn’t active ? And he tried to scramble docs at the last moment - not really clear.

I wonder what your re-course is in such a scenario, I guess you can keep re-applying until they accept you again.

By the way, do you think that income remitted from the parent company constitutes proof of activity ? Or helps in demonstrating activity ?

[quote=“Lee Kohl”]Your question will probably get answered over here in a few days:

So far it seems that the CLA will ask to see proof of activity when granting renewals, etc. AFAIK there is no written standard whatsoever for what qualifies as sufficient activity to merit a representative being based in Taiwan, so how they decide to reject a renewal is anyone’s guess. So far. Maybe we’ll know more soon–as I say, check the above post every few days if you’re interested.[/quote]

Maybe we can also use this thread to share personal experiences with renewals - did any of you get rejected and approved again, or otherwise have tips regarding what signals they may be looking for ?

Thanks

Well,

I’m following the forum since november last year, when i came with the setup a Rep office in taiwan.
Unfortunally, the registration process was broken, and i miss the opportunity to post messages when i was in Taipei.

I was looking to incorporate in HK.
Since i managed to create a private in Hong kong by them self, but i’m sure that your comment will have been a greta assistance.

What’s done is done, let see the futur.

So,
I often read a remaining question about the NTD 42000 minimum wage to pay as salary for foreign workers moving .

Seems it 's over:
Gouvernement is loosing rules on foreign job seekers, lowering the nearly NT$48,000 minimum wage to about the same as entry-level salaries for Taiwanese university graduates."

Rep office director can now get a lower income and still be legit .
Am i correct ?

it’s a fresh news :
focustaiwan.tw/ShowNews/WebNews_ … &Type=aTOD

Glad to write my 1st post, here, with this news .

E.