Long abandoned children

Seems there is a primordial need for one to know one’s birth parents. I hope these two find their parent who abandoned them.

I don’t know about others, but if I had a child somewhere I would want to know them. So if anyone out there is my kid, feel free to contact me :slight_smile:
I don’t have anything much material to give you though, but you can share my credit card debt. But seriously, why not reconnect with a child? I am happy my parents always acknowledged me. Let’s hope these two and others like them find some closure and happiness in finding their parent. While not forgettting to give due credit to those that acted (and in fact are) their “real” parents.

1 Like

Scummy parents.

4 Likes

i know someone whose mother had him, then had a family with another guy so the kid was handed off to another family member to raise. her husband and new kids now don’t know a thing about it. like some secret shame or something. wouldn’t be surprised if thats what happened with these 2 sorry excuses for parents.

poor kids, they are probably going to be disappointed if they ever find them.

1 Like

Anyone can have a baby, but you have to earn the title of “mom” or “dad” through hard work and love. These kids’ adopted parents might not share the same blood, but they’re much more their real parents than their biological deadbeats.

9 Likes

Happy ending for this one!

She had left Aivan’s father due to a serious conflict between the two.
Lacaden, who died in 2020, had later moved and changed his address and phone number, making it impossible for her to contact Aivan.

6 Likes

Imagine the heartache of being seven and your mom suddenly disappearing from your life. If that story is true, the dad was really terrible.

4 Likes

Not only the dad.

3 Likes

I remember years ago there was a half-Taiwanese/ half-Filipino teen trying to find her Taiwanese mom? I wonder if it’s the same person…

EDIT: Maybe not. I think she was younger. I bet this is a common enough story here. And I don’t think the mom’s excuse in the article is satisfying for disappearing for 2 decades. I’d go to the ends of the earth for my kid.

4 Likes

It was a fairly common story back in the day, one kid to each divorced parent. Pretty damn weird.

1 Like

It still happens now. Often the kids have no contact with each other.

1 Like

There are loads of migrant workers here who get pregnant and find that the dad (sometimes Taiwanese, sometimes not) just disappears into thin air. One of the lads at our factory disappeared back home one day because he’d fathered and abandoned two or three kids, and decided he couldn’t be bothered with the women chasing him for child support etc. Must be hundreds of cases each year like that.

Incidentally … I know it’s pedantic, but can we fix the title? Every time I see it I imagine children who have been abandoned because of their excessive length.

It would need to be “Long, abandoned children” for it to read that way.

EDIT: Unless the title’s already been changed.

2 Likes

The title is not incorrect or misleading

Long abandoned
Long suffering
Long lasting

Long exposure

Doesn’t imply anyone is physically long

2 Likes

It’s probably just the way my mind works, then. In my head it should be ‘Long-abandoned children’. ‘Long, abandoned children’ certainly qualifies it in the wrong direction, but ‘Long abandoned children’ is just irritating, like those pictures that can be either a face or a vase.

1 Like

Well Long John Silver
Was pretty long they say