Long Distance on a 125cc scooter?

@cycool

Having some kind of knowledge of the roads is key as well! I was in an area that I wasn’t very familiar with, I had highways and tolls turned off, but maps told me to head up the expressway/bridge that was clearly cars only.

Sometimes there’s a sign and sometimes…you just have to know.

Best to do quick research on your route and Google street view some more iffy parts.

If you share your intended route, maybe @Yang_Gui_Zi and I can help?

I am planning to have a trip from Fengyuan Taichung going to Hukou Hsinchu

have you tried using google map for a long distance trip?

In 2014 I did a huandao (Taiwan circuit) on my Sym 125. I used Google Maps with the “Avoid Highways/Tolls” turned on and had no problems during the ten-day trip around Taiwan.

Interestingly, a few months ago I used Google Maps in Okinawa where I’d rented a car, and twice it clearly directed me the wrong way down one-way streets. Maybe the streets had changed and the maps weren’t updated?

If you want a more straight forward route, make your way out to the west coast “highway” the 61. I hear it’s rather boring because 90% of it is flat road, but you are right next to the water, so it’s nice to get an ocean breeze.

If you want a more scenic route, head over to the provincial highway number 3. It’s a lot of up and down and twisty roads. The downfall is there’s lot of hidden speed cams. Whereas the west coast highway is pretty open and you can see speed cams from a distance.

2 Likes

I wanted to download a map for Okinawa in May of this year and it wasn’t available via Google Maps. I ended up using an offline app called MAPS.ME.

Exactly what ranlee said about the two routes. I suggest the number 3. Much more enjoyable ride!

Thank you for the advice I will plan my route using google map, it is going to be fun but I hope my scooter won’t have any problem.