Looking for info on "Selwyn" (Kaohsiung/Tainan)

@funkymonkey your so right … When will they learn …but when you need cash and this con artist makes his move the newbies are somewhat powerless by the lure of the might NTD! !!

Siman etc is now trying to make out that this is a personal attack from me… It is nothing of the sort.

My whole emphasis was and still is to warn and educate all Expats etc to the workings of this person and then for them to make a informed decision.

When he started with the racist comments, threats and the last straw … Harassing my wife… Well @needteacher65 / siman / Selwyn etc… You threatened the wrong Guy.

I do not and will not bow down to any threats made by you Siman/Selwyn @needteacher65 or anybody else associated with you.

PS… He is now targeting the Tainan boards on yahoo groups.

He has been casting his net in both Kaohsiung and Tainan waters for years.

A pal of mine was hard on his luck a couple of years ago, as his contract with a university was not renewed contrary to the assurances of his supervisor. I helped him to find a couple of buxiban jobs by posting on Chinese-language websites (such as 1111.com.tw) and insisting upon direct contact with schools (i.e., no agents). However, his own attempts to secure a job (i.e., posting on English-language online forums looking for work) resulted in several urgent calls from Simon, as he was wont to call himself at the time. My friend had a Master’s degree, was married to a Taiwanese woman, and was reasonably handsome. Simon must have nearly came in his pants thinking of the opportunities!

Thankfully, my pal is an intelligent individual and saw through the bullshit of the agent immediately. When Simon stated that he could only find jobs paying in the 500 - 550 dollar range, my friend immediately realized this bastard was skimming at least 100 NT per hour off of the top. Instead of simply ignoring the bastard, he hatched his plan for mind-manipulation. He told Simon that he was also an agent, and was directly recruiting “fresh off the boat” South Africans for 400 per hour while charging the school 650 and taking a sign-up bonus. Apparently Simon nearly wet himself and was desperate to find out how such a plan could be actualized. While my friend was simply taking the piss, I doubt his mind-games had any lasting effect. His lesson, learned after more than a few years on the beautiful island, was that agents are not, under any circumstances, to be trusted.

I believe that any seasoned resident of this country/forum would be glad to offer advice to newbies (via public posts or PMs) if they would only ask. Allow me to “poncify” (my new favourite word, thanks to sandman) by encouraging you explore your options before you arrive, google every contact, and feel free to ask the veterans.

Hats off to Lighthouse! Battle on!

Just to balance the ledger a little, I would like to report my own experience with Steven/Simon, which was actually quite positive.

He once introduced me to a school, who subsequently gave me a job and a contract for $650 per hour, thus cutting Steven out of the process.
In effect, on that occasion, Steven was the one who got screwed.

On top of that, I entered into a romantic relationship with the director.
(I guess that means that in the end, we both got screwed. :slight_smile: )

So how do we get the message across?

So how do we get the message across?[/quote]

You cannot.

There have been enough warnings on this forum and many others. If people still decide to do it and get fucked, its their problem.

Is this Siman/selwyn reincarnated? ???

groups.yahoo.com/group/Tainan_bu … sage/27297

You be judge.

People do your research and avoid avoid avoid.

Well, if the poster of the message on Tainan Bulletin,

1-Tells you to meet him at his “office”, and not at a school…
2-Tells you he/she will pay you and not the school…
3-Makes you sign a contract with him/her…
4-Tells you how low salaries have become, NT 450 to NT 500…

It is probably him.

Cannot be any clearer than the above.

I rate the post at 3 pukes…

[quote=“bigduke6”]Well, if the poster of the message on Tainan Bulletin,

1-Tells you to meet him at his “office”, and not at a school…
2-Tells you he/she will pay you and not the school…
3-Makes you sign a contract with him/her…
4-Tells you how low salaries have become, NT 450 to NT 500…

It is probably him.

Cannot be any clearer than the above.

I rate the post at 3 pukes…

[/quote]

Anyone had any contact from him?

This is a great thread. Someone gave me this guy’s contact infomration last December. There were almost no hours posted anywhere for other than kindy work, but the person who passed on simon’s contact number said he could get you some hours. I contacted him and, indeed, he seemed to have many available hours and many great full time jobs. That was my first clue. How could he possibly have all these jobs that no one had ever heard of? He even claimed to have jobs that I knew didn’t exist because I’d just interviewed with the people he said he represented and they told me exactly what they had because they asked if I had any friends that might need those kinds of hours. These were not the jobs he claimed were available with these peole. I thanked him for his time and ended the call, but he called back again and again, wanting to know if I’d found a job, what recruiter I might have used, whatever. He even began to get a little hostile from time to time when I told him I had found all my own jobs and that I wasn’t interested in anything he might have to offer. A very persistant little fellow.

He’s back …

kaohsiungliving.org/discussion/1 … re#Item_93

Please read 8th post from the end.

The racist and abusive emails towards me have started again …

Please read all the information available and make your own informed choice whether you want to work/be fleeced by this so called agent who charges ‘a service charge’ similar to that of a Loan Shark.

Dear mods. As our agreement and forum rules I have not included any personal details.

Some of the posts have been deleted but he has added more … Same link.as below.

Further to this … He has started on the Tainan board and is again cold emailing unsuspecting newbies to Taiwan.

This makes a good read…

groups.yahoo.com/group/Tainan_bu … sage/27420

[quote=“Lighthouse”]He’s back …

kaohsiungliving.org/discussion/1 … re#Item_93

Please read 8th post from the end.

The racist and abusive emails towards me have started again …

Please read all the information available and make your own informed choice whether you want to work/be fleeced by this so called agent who charges ‘a service charge’ similar to that of a Loan Shark.

Dear mods. As our agreement and forum rules I have not included any personal details.[/quote]

Serious question - which of you member’s of Forumosa will stand next to me in support?

Are you gonna give him a beat down? Wait. Don’t answer that.

@kaikai34 hahaha can’t say the thought hasnt crossed my mind but NO I have taken steps as he made threats against me and my family … But it may come down to my word against his.

I need to know IF anyone will standup to him.with me.

I never had any dealings with him so I can’t really say I am useful to help.

Perhaps a lawsuit against him would stop his actions?