Looking for Japanese 'Forumosa'?

it looks like i’ll be going to tokyo for couple of months come september, any of you
can recommend me some informative tokyo/Japan forum???

thanks

Hi, you should be able to find info about Tokyo (and people to hang out with) via MIXI ( mixi.jp/ ).

Um, something in English, perhaps…

gaijinpot.com, japanforum.com

The former is too jaded, the latter is too naive.

I live in Japan, what do you want to know?

Oops, a momentary lapse of reason, as Pink Floyd would have said… m(_ _)m

[quote=“Kionon”]gaijinpot.com, japanforum.com

The former is too jaded, the latter is too naive.

I live in Japan, what do you want to know?[/quote]

Is the ANY WAY to get JR (both JR East and JR West) train reservations more than 30 days in advance?

Is there a reason you need to, because honestly, I’ve never tried. I never know enough about my schedule to do that.

I figure that the answer is probably no, and that’s because I know I have sometimes looked ahead and the schedule hasn’t been completed yet.

Why such advance?

forum.japantoday.com/

[quote=“Kionon”]Is there a reason you need to, because honestly, I’ve never tried. I never know enough about my schedule to do that.

I figure that the answer is probably no, and that’s because I know I have sometimes looked ahead and the schedule hasn’t been completed yet.

Why such advance?[/quote]

I live in Hawaii and “commute” to JP and TW. TMK, JR res and sales are 30 days in advance, no exceptions. When I’m traveling with a group, I become the defacto tour leader (being the guy with the lingo), and my colleagues drive me nuts wanting to confirm every ground segment as soon as the air segments are booked. They don’t believe that “modern Japan” won’t sell tickets more than 30 days out. I tell them to think about that while they stroll through Ginza, where the aroma of expensive perfume is suffused with that of raw sewage.

Many years have past, two of the three mentioned forums do not exist anymore, while one (japanforum) is overrun by spam bots and pretty quiet otherwise.

Are there any similar sites for Japan? I will be moving there next year.

@urodacus might know

Japanorama

Here is a site which lists expats blog sites in Japan.

This service is not for foreigners visiting, but anyone who resides in Japan and want to do (advance application) for reserving JR tickets by ticketless=mobile/digital means can do so two months in advance.

Got a link? A search didn’t turn up any forum, just a page about photography.