looking for mountain-hike companions in november/december

hey there,

I’ll be setting up an exhibition in Kaohsiung and travelling through Taiwan on my bike with a tent from Nov 20-Dec 22.

I would love to go into the mountains, and to some of the more “difficult” hot springs - but going alone seems unwise, and I have no experience with the national park permit system…

===Anybody here who wants to join?===

I’m 34, media artist/molecular biologist/programmmer from germany. I will be carrying all necessary equippment for a multi-day hike on my trip (light tent, rainproof clothes, frost-proof sleeping bag, mountain boots, cooker) and some general outdoor experience, but I’m by no means a professional rock climber.
I’ll be in Kaohsiung from Nov14 - Nov 22, then I’ll be free till Nov30. I’ll be taking down the exhibits on Dec1+2, then I plan to go to Taipei by train (anybody with a sleeping place/couch there?), cycle down highway No7 + No8 to Taroko and work down my way to the south…

would be lovely to hear from you!

Felix

Couch surfing organization is around in Taiwan
Get in touch with them

are you in for a round the island tour? through bike, of course. I can add you to a group but most of them are Filipinos.

thanks for the sugghestions!

@tommy525 : will do that - but do you think it’s a good place to find mountaineers?
@rohdelb: don’t care about the nationality of my fellow hikers… but it’s more of an organized bike tour that you do isn’t it? I’m happy to ride on my own - it’s more the mountain climbing/permit thing that I would like together with a few other nature enthusiasts…

anybody interested?

Hi Felix,

we are there around same time with same interest’s. So I’ll send you a PM.

Cheers
Johannes

Okay, I did not know yet, that I have to be for a while in this forum active, to send PM’s.
Well, I write you here:
I am going with my girlfriend from 10.12. till 30.12. to Taiwan for culture, food, bicycle tour, and most important: trekking. We take our tent with us and want to do some more difficult multi-day hikes, as we go a lot in the alps to wander, and sometimes doing Klettersteige. We have no idea yet, as we booked last week our flights :wink: Both from Nürnberg, 27-33, media as well (movies and katha is in pharmacy) :wink:
We will try to couchsurf as I like this most to get in contact with local people and did over 10 years so many good experiences.

Have fun in the mountains!

Viel Spass in den Bergen!

cool!

so… how shall we proceed?!

I guess some of the hot springs like Lulu don’t need a special permit that needs to be reserved in advance… but the mountain trecks mostly seem to do.

do you have anything particular in mind already?

This guy has some really nice information on hot springs and waterfalls (including waypoints that you can download from the google map page):

http://followxiaofei.com/page/ashers-taiwan-hot-springs-and-waterfalls-map

Hey Felix, schreib mir doch eine Nachricht an meister ton at gmx punkt de (alles zusammen geschrieben). Das vereinfacht die Sache. LG Johannes

@bicycleguy
Yes, we travel by groups but there are times that I travel alone too :blush:
:thinking: hmm, I don’t know of such, but I can publish that to my website for free. Just send me the details and I’ll post it to my announcements page. Cheers!

info@rohdelb.com