Looking for National Taiwan University Students Studying 2011 Onwards

I am going to be attending NTU as a visiting/exchange student for the next school year (2011-2012).

I am wondering if there are any degree or visiting/exchange students that will be attending next year?

I will be both learning Chinese at NTU’s CLD and taking courses at the Business school, depending on which courses are available in English.

If I don’t change my mind again in the next week or so, I’ll be starting at CLD in September. As a non-degree student, though.

I’m probably going to be studying at the ICLP starting in September as well.

I’ll be at CLD too

Full time degree student starting September, Anthropology. I’m gonna have a royally difficult time struggling with the chinese… shoots self

Nah, I’ll be at ShiDa NTNU/MTC.

NTU’s ICLP is 8x the cost of MTC.
It was an easy decision :smiley:

But let me know how you like NTU! Next year I’m applying to the MOE and I’ll sign up at NTU then.

Oh man, I come to check forumosa for the first time in months and I see this thread! Weird.

I’ll actually be there, too, from July 11’ to July 12’ cause I’m doing their summer program as well (excuse to get out from home).
And new yorker, can I assume you’re from U of Albany? That’s where I’m coming from as well.

[quote=“Springfield”]Oh man, I come to check forumosa for the first time in months and I see this thread! Weird.

I’ll actually be there, too, from July 11’ to July 12’ cause I’m doing their summer program as well (excuse to get out from home).
And new yorker, can I assume you’re from U of Albany? That’s where I’m coming from as well.[/quote]

Nah. I went to New Paltz (<3 for my dept, no love for the school)
Are you doing the exchange with Albany? I remember looking into their NTU exchange program.

Edit:\
Hahha, springfield, I thought you were talking to me but you were talking to OP “NewYorker”

[quote=“Springfield”]Oh man, I come to check forumosa for the first time in months and I see this thread! Weird.

And new yorker, can I assume you’re from U of Albany? That’s where I’m coming from as well.[/quote]

Springfield, yup I am from U Albany. I don’t even go to SUNY, but wanted to go back to taiwan, so choose the program.

I’ve been accepted to ICLP and the same program you’ve enrolled in. I’ll probably take up ICLP as it looks like it’ll improve my Chinese more. Happy to make friends, so I guess I’ll see you there :slight_smile:

Be there in Sept 2011 - June 2012.

Hey all! I’ll also be doing CLD @ NTU starting late August. Also, looking for potential roommates and food adventure partners. :smiley:

The MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship? I thought you couldn’t apply if you are already enrolled at a center for learning Mandarin?

[quote=“Vizzy”]Hey all! I’ll also be doing CLD @ NTU starting late August. Also, looking for potential roommates and food adventure partners. :smiley:

The MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship? I thought you couldn’t apply if you are already enrolled at a center for learning Mandarin?[/quote]
Yea, that’s what it says on the written guidelines.
It also says you need a notarized financial statement, which is bullshit. And you need a health exam. Which is also bullshit. (Though you do need a health exam for your ARC I believe)

It all depends on your TECO and how friendly they are.

[quote=“Lili”]
It also says you need a notarized financial statement, which is bullshit. And you need a health exam. Which is also bullshit.[/quote]

This one learns the ways of the 'wan quickly. Do well in Taiwan she will. :bow:

[quote=“tomthorne”][quote=“Lili”]
It also says you need a notarized financial statement, which is bullshit. And you need a health exam. Which is also bullshit.[/quote]

This one learns the ways of the 'wan quickly. Do well in Taiwan she will. :bow:[/quote]
That is a very high compliment indeed :smiley:

will be attending fall quarter here! american from california

The english version of the ntu website is horrible. There are so many missing and outdated links (found one that goes to a 2008 page) Fortunately I can still read some chinese so I can somewhat waddle through all that traditional chinese, but it’s really tiring…unless I’m doing something wrong. I hope it’s not just me. /rant

That said, I’m really excited about starting school in Taiwan. I’ll probably be one of the older freshmen around but at least I won’t have to do beer runs with everyone else being legal at 18. :smiley:

I guess I’ll be seeing some of you (fellow CLD’rs) at registration tomorrow? :smiley: