Looking for some Funk

C’mon, now.
Lay it on us, and me in particular.
Been around the block, and it ain’t giving much.
Apart from Brother Ray, that is:

Charlie Jack, you are a viper, indeed.
:notworthy:

NIce trio of tunes, there, TheGingerMan.

Everybody’s got a little light under the sun.

Not me, mate.
Me goose was baked long ago.

Reminiscence is one of the few words in English that gains in value as time passes.

Here you go TGM for a tangential slide shuffle to the beat:

George Clinton interview:
link: youtube.com/watch?v=He3EeR4r1Yk

Parliament-Funkadelic - The Mothership Connection (1976):
link: youtube.com/watch?v=CiTh8BQ4oVU

Strewth!
The Norwegians are on to us!
Or should I say, them: as I will never be accepted.

Damn, were you the one I hit, full in the face, with a perfect snowball, way back in Hosle, on that reverse slope, in 1979?
Only to have you lot, over-run us, sending the limeys packing, and just me and one Kraut to retreat up the hill?
Where, despite our best taunts, you left us to wither, knowing full well once dusk settled on Bekkestua, we would suffer the ignomy of pine-cone rash?

Strewth!
The Norwegians are on to us!
Or should I say, them: as I will never be accepted.

Damn, were you the one I hit, full in the face, with a perfect snowball, way back in Hosle, on that reverse slope, in 1979?
Only to have you lot, over-run us, sending the limeys packing, and just me and one Kraut to retreat up the hill?
Where, despite our best taunts, you left us to wither, knowing full well once dusk settled on Bekkestua, we would suffer the ignomy of pine-cone rash?[/quote]

Nae, we are much the more intelligent than you imply.  We exported a-ha and kept fra lippo lippi to ourselves.   :laughing: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDYlbxPZOv0

Un/fortunately for us, we unleashed the doggod and they ran unto the world.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_aFSNB8E5Y

Too late brother, you have already been adopted. Your turn to make the krumkake. Unfortunately, you have to eat the lutefisk.

Watch with the sound turned off. and feel at home.

Apology for taking this so OT. Here is an attempt at sliding it sideways back to somewhat closer to be back on to the right track.

Funk on, Norge!

Very good cover of Victor Wooten’s “You Can’t Hold No Groove if You Ain’t Got No Pocket.”

My nephew showed me these:

[quote=“marasan”]Very good cover of Victor Wooten’s “You Can’t Hold No Groove if You Ain’t Got No Pocket.”

[/quote]
:notworthy:

Where is that girl?
SHe got the funk.

Meanwhile, I’m still thinking.
T-Rex, but maybe even this:

Been getting into some Al Green, again.

How can you not like the funk? This is the best musicianship you’ll find in this genre.