Looking for someone to support my wife in the household and with our son

We just arrived a week ago and didn’t find a good kindergarten in Shilin, Tianmu area, for our 2.5 years old son. Since the European School only takes children from 3 we went out for a local kindergarten. But the first day we picked him up from there he had a face like he was crying already a long time and back home he even said he was being beaten (I believe it was not very strongly and maybe he also did not behaved well, but anyway it’s not a good sign and afterwards he refused to go there again). So we cancelled the kindergarten arrangement. Since other kindergartens are either full or do not look very trustworthy as well we were thinking about hiring someone who could help my wife in the household and with the child as she has to do some things beside and is pregnant while I will be traveling for business reasons relatively often. But it seems that it is not easy to find someone trustworthy who actively sees and helps where help is needed - even if the whole family speaks Mandarin since my wife is initially from China.
Does anyone have a hint for us how to find a housekeeper/nanny? Or a good kindergarten?

We liked the Shuanglian Kindergarten in Shipai for our daughter. It has a big campus and looks more like an elementary school with nice gardens and playgrounds. It’s run by the Shuanglian Presbyterian Church (but isn’t overtly religious at all.)

http://www.slkg.com.tw/

Many thanks! We will have a look together tomorrow…

1 Like

I know people at Shuanglian and it is good. Our oldest went to Sanyu Kindergarten near Takashimaya in Tianmu, but it often fills up. He really enjoyed it.