Losing hair

First… I would say… read what is inside your shampoo…
My grandmother always told me…
If you do not understand the words, then it is not good for you
Have a try!

Second, study what your hair needs… (or is it too late?)

Third… study baking soda… I do not have the patience for that…
Look here…
http://myhealthygreenfamily.com/blog/wordpress/washing-my-hair-with-baking-soda/

There are many reasons that cause hair losing. I think you may try to use coconut oil to improve the problem.

I don’t have any good advice per say but just want to share my own experience in Taiwan with this.

I have been slowly losing hair since my 20s. I am 30 now. Things suddenly accelerated when I came to Taiwan. Don’t know if it’s the age or work stress. Either way, using the local health card I have I went to the nearest hospital and found a dermatologist. They did some tests, and showed me a chart with pictures showing different stages of baldness. Told me I was between stage 2 and 3. Stage 7 was apparently complete baldness.

They gave me a 1 month prescription of Finasterside as a test. They said it doesn’t work for everyone but :

• In some cases though it will stop or delay progression to further stages.

• In best cases it can reverse baldness and revert you to back an earlier stage and even completely halt further baldness.

Prior to the visit I was experiencing significant hair fall ( almost embarrassing). After finishing the first month my fall reduced a lot. Went back there and they gave me a 3 month subscription. I was supposed to finish that in 3 months (1 pill a day). I took 8 months because I saw very good results early on. My hair fall stopped completely and I feel further hair loss has halted (at least for now). Maybe it’s a psychological thing but I really do feel better about my hair now than before doing all this.

I don’t know if you have a local health card but it’s never too bad to get professional advice. Just walk in to any local hospital and find any dermatologist available. In big hospitals they also have experts specifically for hair loss ( usually also within the dermatology department). The checkup is almost free.

1 Like

Its probably the spider bite. Losing hair instead of your legs.

1 Like

FYI, though not meant to advocate self medication:

Finasteride is available over the counter in Taiwan. There are cheap local brands like “Finta”, 30 pills of 5mg each for maybe 150-200NT (no typo, it really much cheaper than “brand” products). Typically you need half a pill per day, so that’s 2 months worth of medicine. Worked for me, no more loss since the 10 years I’m taking it. Also no noticeable side effects in my case.

Other brands are available, one can just ask in the pharmacy for similar medicine.

Picture here:

http://www.nangkuang.com.tw/index.php?option=product&lang=en&task=pageinfo&id=208&belongid=207&index=0

1 Like

Beware of finasterside because it’s a DHT blocker. Male pattern boldness usually is caused by DHT, converted from testosterone and your hair follicles may be more sensitive and allow DHT to attach to them. However DHT plays an important sexual function like libido. It’s been known to cause temporary loss or in some cases long term issues with your libido and sexual functions.

1 Like

I was excited until I read this post.

2 Likes

True that, that’s why I mentioned that in my case no such side effects occurred. My GF back then would have been happy if there had been libido loss :rofl:

Stress, thyroid issues, hormone stuff, and since nobody mentioned (I know OP is male) …if you are young and female, keep an eye out for autoimmune diseases such as lupus (systemic or discoid), psoriasis, and other things.
Males get autoimmune diseases too, but it’s not as common.

Generally caused by something lacking in your nutritional profile.

We all have genetic profile and our health can speed up the inevitable.

Let’s cut to the chase. Is there anything to bring back hair to an almost bald head. I’m over fifty now. Time moves too fast. For years people have been trying to cure this thing.

Look around your body. You probably have the same amount of hair as when in High School. It has just moved!

Not a lot you can do but get a hair piece. Or call Elon Musk. He looked like a child molester about the time he sold his PayPal shares. Now he has a full head.

You are right. So bad that I can’t show that other hair in public on a regular basis :frowning:

Maybe. Diet in TW is not great. Choose anything among noodles, rice and dumplings! :frowning:

I think I don’t have any of those things, although allergy was believed to be an autoimmune thing years ago… maybe that’s not the only crazy shit I have!

Anyway… I think I’ll start using some appropriate shampoo and follow the advice of massaging my scalp every shower. And probably eat better.

Thanks all for the advices.

Not quite. Allergy is an exaggerated/abnormal immune response to an foreign, non-pathogenic substance. Autoimmune on the other hand is an abnormal response to your own cells. I guess it’s like bring allergic to yourself.
It’s common for both to co-exist though.

Finasteride/propecia carries with it risk of erectile dysfunction