Mailing sausages to US

I’ve found many threads regarding importing, but little on mailing stuff home. Someone at Nanmen market just told me I could mail a whole damn dried fish, but vacuum sealed sausages were a no-no. No pork floss either. I’m really heartbroken. Is there a loophole? Any type of packaging comply? Thanks

I wish! Maybe you can get an import license. They do sell Taiwan products in the Asian Stores. How they do it is a mystery.

I’m pissed. Over 18 years ago, (time flies) I and my girlfriend wanted to bring back something unique and delicious. We went to the Black Bridge Store. We lived in the country and taking walks in the city was a big thing for us. The long walk ended with the great taste of a Black Bridge Sausage.
Anyway, we wanted to share the taste with my family. The Black Bridge people said there would be no problem. The boxes were even printed with correct English Labeling so it looked legit.
Anyway, the in Detroit right before the passing into the US the agent look at us and asked us clearly if we had any meat or agricultural products. We admitted it and surrendered them. I bet they have a barbeque. We were lucky. Soon after the dogs came out.