Making money off youtube just got easier

You just need to learn how to do this…

youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7 … r_embedded

Pretty sure that is through AdSense?

maybe gman will come help us out, hmmmm…

Love it! Hehehe!!

The video is funny yes, but look at the add just beside it. In the bottom of the add there is a logo that says AdSense. If you click that the guy who made the video gets two cents or something. I have a youtube account and I have an AdSense account. What I wanna know is how to put the two togther.

1 Like

Great vid, bob.

Yes, it’s a great vid However what I am curious about is how to connect AdSense to Youtube. I have a blog with AdSense already. They have added four advertisements and I have made a profit of three cents in just the past thirty six hours (though admittedly two of those cents were earned by clicking the adds on my own sight from another blog, just to see if it worked like) and given such sterling results so far am eager to expand my empire and into the realm of youtube (I have several yotube videos as well, 22 actually) so that’s why I asked if anybody knew how to connect AdSense to youtube or youtube to AdSense whichever, hick*

OK I figured it out already. You need to have a video go viral and be invited to join youtube as partner. Sorry, bout that, burp*

Though the info might be useful to somebody I guess.

You need to make a video with a virus in it.

7 years later and it’s harder than ever to make any money on YouTube. I vlog about living in Taiwan and related subjects. Your videos can be demonetized for just about anything these days. Very frustrating.

1 Like

They are cracking down on things they deem unacceptable, while pushing for dinosaur media outlets to have their own channels as TV audiences are dying (which people have rejected hence the popularity in alternative content on YouTube).
I look forward to the demise of YouTube.

I agree with you but I’m not looking forward to YouTube’s demise.

At the moment there is nothing as good as YouTube to take its place as the king of online video. So until something comes I hope YouTube will survive.

youtube was a bit of an outlier, so it was inevitable i guess.

my facebook page is dead as a dodo and my instagram is not what it was in terms of reach. its all rather frustrating.

what i don’t like is the trend on youtube for becoming more like tv shows. people are getting more wooden and fake trying to be tv presenters or something. its not what i use youtube for, but this is whats popular on youtube…

1 Like

Hi Brian, care to share more about it? demonetized for which reasons?

I agree YouTube is definitely becoming more professionalized and polished. It’s not enough to just be a charming person with a cheap web-cam or cellphone anymore. Now you need expensive editing software, expensive cameras, gimbals, tripods, drones, etc. Also people expect you to always be 100% upbeat, positive, and smiley with clean pg-13 approved language. Guess it was inevitable when YouTube introduced monetization.

1 Like

Well for me personally I’ve had 2 videos demonetized on my channel. They were later remonetized after a further review request made by me but without compensation for the revenue lost during that time period. It was very frustrating since my channel is small and every cent counts if I ever want to get paid. YouTube won’t even cut you a check if your revenue is under 100 US$. If I had to guess at why it happened I’d say it was due to the titles and search tags I used. The algorithm they used probably saw the word “shitty” in the one title and the tags “POW” and “World War 2” in the other video and thought, no too risque, automatic demonetization.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Brian. Good to know.
Also what is the usual revenue you can get, I heard it was something like 1 dollar for 1000 views but I am not sure. I was thinking to start a channel in the future, hence me asking…

It’s hard to say really. YouTube’s algorithm seems to randomly pick certain people to promote on the trending page or in the suggested videos on the side bar when you’re watching someone. And if that happens you could end up getting lots of views and subscribers pretty quickly. And that could translate into a decent amount of money if you play your cards right.

Me I never received any of that treatment. So I’m pretty much invisible. And people only find me because I’ve promoted myself in certain places on the web at certain times and also if they have done a very specific search on something Taiwan related.

I’ve been monetized and verified(you must do this or you will not be earning anything) by Google for about two years now and my lifetime earnings are around 30 US$. I have over 130 some videos, my best has like 4k views my lowest has like 10 views. On average though it seems like my vids get 200 or so views.

It’s tough to be successful. And if you’re after money I would avoid doing expat type vlogs. There are already a ton of people all over Asia doing this so the market is way over-saturated. Also it’s a niche topic. The most successful expat vloggers I know of only have around 100k subs. Food, video games, and unboxing videos even though I find this stuff to usually be incredibly repetitive and dull do very well.

2 Likes

Agree with @AITBrian, find something else to do. I have seen it all by now and let me tell you, it gets old. If I see another video, I won’t bother in watching it.