Making your own guitar pedals / stomp boxes

[quote=“european”]I am looking at making a midi thru box.

Will probably purchase this:
lowgain-audio.com/midithru.htm

But, I’d need a box. Anyone know where I can find one - light and cheap?[/quote]

Where are you based, european? There are a couple of shops near the corner of Xinsheng and BaDe (near Zhongxiao Xinsheng MRT station) that have a good range of enclosures. I can go into more detail if that location is OK for you.

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“european”]I am looking at making a midi thru box.

Will probably purchase this:
lowgain-audio.com/midithru.htm

But, I’d need a box. Anyone know where I can find one - light and cheap?[/quote]

Where are you based, european? There are a couple of shops near the corner of Xinsheng and BaDe (near Zhongxiao Xinsheng MRT station) that have a good range of enclosures. I can go into more detail if that location is OK for you.[/quote]

Sorry, I should have said, I am in Taipei.
Any help would be great.
The website says, the pcb is 2" x 4" in size and can easily be mounted vica 4-40 (M3 for metric) screws & stand-offs.
Do these places also sell these?

Cheers.

EDIT:
I contacted the supplier for the parts in my original post, and he is out of stock. It doesn’t look like he will restock soon.
If I went down the route of making one from scratch (like using this example: highlyliquid.com/hl2012/blog/747 ), it would probably be too much for this novice right now to attempt I think.

Though I might as well post here on the off chance anyone knows of a good luthier in Taipei? Someone who knows their stuff, not a shop tech.
Anyone?

Good luck with that. I’ve been looking for years.

For your information

Last year
My teenage son made his own guitar
under the guidance of Teacher Tang
in Taichung downtown
Highly recommended!
Lovely, passionate and expert man
with a small but suitable workshop
Chinese needed

馬德里
Madrid Musical Group
in the corner of
市北區青島路三段
北屯區梅川東路四段

Hey you solder heads! I’ve got a question for you.
What are the new rules for shipping electronics out of Taiwan?
I’ve had no problem sending things out in the past, but I heard there are new rules.
I wanted to return an ipod to an Ebay seller, but I was not allowed to put it in the mail because
“It contained a battery”
This time I want to mail out a Ruby headphone amp built into a mint tin. The amp can be flipped open to reveal the contents, and has no battery installed, so I figured it was cool. Now the same guy at the post office remembered the ipod debacle and asked
“Are there electronics?”
In the box. So now ALL electronics are forbidden? Fark!
This post might be better placed in another forum, but seeing as it pertains indirectly to the original post, thought I might start by posting here.
Somebody please set me straight.

Theres a really cool electronics shop at the top end of Ximen that sells pretty much anything you need. Cheap as too. And loads of choice.