Man forcibly thrown off United Flight (with Video)

Speaking of weirdos who can’t follow the rules America’s founders were a bunch of weirdos who had a big problem with people in badges. All they had to do was follow some simple rules and if they didn’t like it they could have taken it up later with the proper authorities. Instead, their obsession with rights led to an ass kicking.

Now excuse me while I go off to Afghahistan to fight for freedom. We’re going to use a 22,000 poind bomb to re-accommodate a bunch of little brown-skinned people who have a big problem with authority.

“From now on United Airlines will do everything in its power to minimize civilian casualties.”
– Oscar “the Great Communicator” Munoz

So it’s official, he will sue.
Also Congress is looking to get involved.

Lawmakers in Congress have also signaled potential action.

Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky of Illinois said she would author a bill to end the practice of airlines denying boarding to passengers on overbooked flights. A group of 21 senators also said they planned to examine the incident.

Though I’ve read the supreme court ruled that overbooking was legal. Not sure how that Bill will work then. Maybe increase the compensation amount?

So they’re going to pass a law prohibiting denying boarding to passengers on overbooked flights?

Ha, ha, ha. Yet more evidence that there’s an epidemic of bad intelligence in the U.S.

Jan Schakowsky (D) of Illinois. Should be self explanatory.

I can’t help but think the US Armed Forces are using up a lot of bombs and cruise missiles that are getting past their Sell By dates.

only 50 of the 59 cruise missiles launched recently worked.

Their problem wasn’t cops. It was soldiers, who forced them to host them. And taxes levied on them by authorities across the ocean, whom they didn’t vote for and laws they weren’t represented by. They were resisting a whole government, not just the cops of that government.

He could have cooperated at any point. But even after all that, he goes back for more.

[quote=“nonredneck, post:164, topic:159388, full:true”]
So it’s official, he will sue.[/quote]
He told the cops he would do that when resisting. That’s always been a known.

When does a cop ever ask you to do something unlawful or unreasonable? I’ve been stopped for speeding a few times, and I show deference, I don’t think about my rights, or get arrogant and say with my attitude, it was just 3 miles/hour above the limit, you dork…you’re just stopping me because I’m young and don’t like me cause you think I’m trouble. When I failed to stop at a stop sign, I didn’t say, well I looked both ways and nobody was around, what’s the big deal? If I showed that, I would get a ticket for sure. To be sure, when they first approach me, they seem slightly confrontative and on the alert, but once they hear me and see my attitude, they relax and realize they’re barking up the wrong tree, despite my youth.

In many cases, cops are very helpful, when my car breaks down in the middle of the night, they have taken me to a convenience store so I can remedy the problem and be on my way. I imagine they’re always doing this.

Only one time can I remember feeling somewhat like a criminal by police. I was stranded at night and asked the tow truck to take me to a mechanic shop, and I just slept in the car until they open. The police woke me up at 5am with an attitude as though they were expecting trouble. But once I explain everything, by 10 seconds, they were satisfied that I am a law-abiding citizen and went on their way.

There’s no reason to be afraid of the cops as long as you aren’t arrogant and obsessed about rights. If a cop in uniform pulls down his pants orders me to perform something, I’ll be sure to remember what you say about my rights. But it doesn’t get anywhere close to that kind of thing, when does a cop ask you to do something unreasonable?

How about when the officer has no jurisdiction?

(This part is still unclear but is being mentioned in the news as a possible reason to sue the city as well as the airline.)

“Stuck in a 20th century timewarp in 2017” is the new “young”? Damn, I didn’t have to spend all that money on botox and stuff! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

In related news, Canada’s Transport Minister has weighed in.

“I am sure that you were as disturbed as I was, and as all Canadians were, over the appalling incident that took place onboard a United flight earlier this week, when a passenger was forcibly removed from his seat. I am writing to you today to convey that such an incident would be unacceptable in Canada,” Mr. Garneau said in a letter to Canadian airlines Friday.

But he’s a Liberal, so I guess that means he’s a Commie who should be defied until the bitter end, despite the (spaceman) uniform.

1 Like

Canada has a space program? Wow, you learn something new every day!

[quote=“yyy, post:172, topic:159388, full:true”]

How about when the officer has no jurisdiction?

(This part is still unclear but is being mentioned in the news as a possible reason to sue the city as well as the airline.)[/quote]
That’s all the legal details people are wrangling over after the fact, but no, citizens on the street don’t need to concern themselves with what I call again “obsession with rights” in order to justify resisting a reasonable request.

I might be upset at having been bumped, well not really, but I could be upset about many other things, and intend to deal with them by talking a storm with relevant people, but you would never seeing me defiant against police and give them no option but to take me off by force, squealing. And I think I could predict all my friends in the USA would not be caught on camera like that.

To me the problem is the airline, not the police. I would resist and show my anger at the airline, not the police.

But he’s a Liberal, so I guess that means he’s a Commie who should be defied until the bitter end, despite the (spaceman) uniform.

Well, that’s the politicization of the issue. The Democrats are always wrangling with the law, trying to find loopholes, and details that can be twisted to their own use, just like Democrat judges. Republicans always look at the spirit of the law, no matter how badly written.

Just as I wrote before about the Democrat judges who wouldn’t convict a man for drunken driving causing an accident on a major thoroughway because of technicalities, he was on a horse, and the Republican did because of the spirit of the law.

And as the media has taken this issue, because it has many of their favorite leftist issues: racism, police brutality, evil corporations, they keep stoking the fire on this, and of course politicians are reacting to the fallout.

Who do you think built the arm you use the scratch your, um, space shuttle?

@jotham, you are a criminal’s dream. :2cents:

Well, that’s the politicization of the issue.

So, it looks like David Daoists and anti-David Daoists will continue the polarization of America.
:eek: :roll: :idunno: :popcorn:

Wow, the Canadarm! That’s pretty impressive. And here I was thinking it was the Americarm…(oops, sorry Jesus80, I mean USArm).

We should not allow this thread to degenerate into silliness.

Hmm. No, scratch that. We should allow this thread to degenerate into silliness.

Just in case things get out of hand (not that we would ever allow that!:innocent:), here’s another source being updated frequently.

As for the race angle…

As of noon China Standard Time, there were more than 160,000 signatories to a petition, launched by a Chinese student living in London only one day ago, calling on the U.S. federal government to launch an investigation into the incident, invoking the Black Lives Matter movement with the hashtag #ChineseLivesMatters.

Take up the problem with the airline aftetwards and they say screw off, they got what they wanted so who cares about your complaint. They might be nice though and send an insincere apology letter to you a few months later worded

“We are sorry that you felt the experience was less than satisfactory”

This guy had the balls to just say no. I give him credit for those balls, I’d be too scared to say no.

He can still sue the airlines. I just think it’s over the top to make this about the police, or sue the police too. But without the drama, he probably couldn’t achieve much like you said. Again, my mind doesn’t think this way.

I usually can achieve much by talking to relevant people. The key is relevant, finding the right person, and I will request to talk to many people until I find someone smart, because too many people aren’t problem-solvers. Which is why the airline is having this problem in the first place. Probably 20 different solutions just waiting to be explored in this situation, if people would talk and work together.

But he’s not Chinese…:oops: