Mary Jane Pizza

Every time I eat there, the song “In My House” by the Mary Jane Girls runs through my head. Does that happen to anybody else?

I’ve never heard that song. I don’t have any clue who the Mary Jane Girls are. And, I’ve never been to this particular pizza joint.

So, no. That never has happened to me.

I do often find myself softly singing the refrain to Cosmic Charlie… but, that happens just about all the time, and just about everywhere.

I’ve never heard that song. I don’t have any clue who the Mary Jane Girls are. And, I’ve never been to this particular pizza joint.

I do often find myself softly singing the refrain to Cosmic Charlie… but, that happens just about all the time, and just about everywhere.[/quote]

The Mary Janes Girls were basically this one-hit wonder girl group put together by Rick James.

soulwalking.co.uk/Mary%20Jane%20Girls.html

[quote=“Tom Petty”]Last dance with Mary Jane
One more time to kill the pain[/quote]

pizza

[quote=“Tigerman”]I’ve never heard that song. I don’t have any clue who the Mary Jane Girls are. And, I’ve never been to this particular pizza joint.

I do often find myself softly singing the refrain to Cosmic Charlie… but, that happens just about all the time, and just about everywhere.[/quote]

That’s quite funny, cos the proprieter’s man friend’s name is Charlie.

Great little eatery by the way, and Jane’s a wonderful host.

HG

Are they using real pepperoni yet? Futong produces an inexpensive pepperoni, so there’s really no excuse. I don’t think I’ll visit until I hear that they’ve improved their quality.

Anyone know what their smoking policy is?

I hate eating in smoke…

sd

Mary Jane, I am really hoping you read this. You weren’t at your restaurant yesterday for me to whine.
I effin love MJ’s Pizza. Best bargain around. But lately it has been more and more dry. SO much so that the last two times I have asked for extra sauce on my pizza and it has still been to dry. Today it was too dry to eat (pizza dough, cheese, and pepperoni does not a pizza make) so I asked for sauce on the side. They refused me.
I love your place. It is cozy, comfortable, and not too expensive. It breaks my heart to see the quality going down. Please talk to your kitchen staff about that red stuff that goes between the dough and the cheese. It is quite an important part of pizza. Today the man and I both had a slice and then we wrapped up the rest and gave it to his roommates. I would really like to see this problem resolved because I have had so many good experiences there before the pizza sauce started disappearing.
With love for your pizza,
Da Fob

Well everything was absolutely perfect for me and Ms Huang the other day. A delicious pizza, salad and a tiramisu that managed to cure Ms Huang of her general disdain for sweets, permanently.

Adding to this already heady mix was the company of Miss Jane, the lab and others WHILE in the background were the very tunes that had been whistling through my mind for days and I was desperate to hear.

Hats off Jane, you’ve got a damned fine thing happening there!

:bravo:

Hey i’ve never been to MJ’s but have heard great things I was just wondering like the size of 1 pizza is it big enough to share? or is it more like a personal pizza size?

Sharing size. Went there recently, about a week ago. Excellent pizza, different from Alleycat’s. Would go again.

Do they have different sizes? Has been a while that I have been there but as far as I remember the pizzas were more personal size. However they are definetely not tiny like what you get at those NT50 “pizza” places. And they are too good to share. :wink:

Well, alternatively you can do what we did, and share one pizza, have a side order of salad and garlic pizza bread followed by desserts. Just so for two.

HG

Do they have different sizes? Has been a while that I have been there but as far as I remember the pizzas were more personal size. However they are definetely not tiny like what you get at those NT50 “pizza” places. And they are too good to share. :wink:[/quote]

2 pies for 3 people was nice. I suppose “personal” size is dependent on appetite and person. If I was really hungry I could’ve eaten a whole Mary Jane pie :laughing:

Sounds great! thanks guys gunna go check it out real soon

I went to today with 5 other friends and we got 5 pies, spinich and cottage cheese, smoked salmon, chicken and mushroom, herbravoire, and the mary jane as well as a salad. I have to say that was some good thin crust pizza deft. gunna go back many more times! and the price was very very cheap! thanks for the advice guys

I went there last week with my wife, Dragonbones, and Dragonbabe. Excellent pizza, great ambience, and Jane is a champion. Loved the food. Different to Alleycats, but right up there on a par, I believe.

I took a few photos. We’re hoping to go again this Friday night.

I went by Mary Janes today to get some pizza and its wasnt there anymore??? Have they closed or moved to another location?? Ended up eating at a nice teppanyaki place on the next alley which was real good.