Meal Prep Food Boxes?

Has anyone seen any plastic, sealable food boxes that I can use for meal prep?

They should be: stackable, bpa-free, large enough for salad and meat etc…, reusable.

Something like this:

I have seen the glass/lock variety but they don’t stack well.

Any ideas would be swell.

Thanks

It’s a weird gap in the market here. Lock boxes, plastic or glass, are easy to find: but there’s almost nothing that can stack. I think all the stacking containers I’ve got were bought in Canada.

Glass is preferred for food here because doctors have made a point of liking plastic to cancer, so the market for plastics from Lock n Lock And others has diminished, with glass taking over - see the fad of glass tea bottles for example.

That said there are some 304 stainless steel stackable for food prep, with plastic covers BTW, that are very pop and at fairly good prices.

Get yourself to Chang An and Taoyuan roads in Taipei and explore the models available at the restaurant and bakery supply stores. Hope you find something suitable for your needs.

Yes. Any of the big baking goods stores will have those types of boxes.

Here are a few on Google Maps for you:

https://www.google.com/search?q=baking%20goods%20store%20taipei&rlz=1C1CHZL_enTW755TW755&oq=baking+goods+store+taipei&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.5838j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&npsic=0&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=25042056,121532238,5779&tbm=lcl&rldimm=16019299030086364570&ved=0ahUKEwio3qeo0L_WAhWFpZQKHYljDbkQvS4ISDAB&rldoc=1&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10#rlfi=hd:;si:16019299030086364570;mv:!1m3!1d80569.00588428327!2d121.50887655!3d25.057458!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i497!2i535!4f13.1;tbs:lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:100:

Thanks for the replies.

Your suggestion seems to be good. So the prices are affordable?

Did you get suitable one yet?

I just thinking of getting a few ‘Lock and Lock’ containers for 167NT each.

They stack fairly well and are BPA free.

I’ve been to all of the major restaurant supply stores in Taichung I’m not finding what I’m specifically looking for. Glass would be nice but its just unrealistic since I will need to take them out of the house on occasion.

Oh they are quite sturdy I assure you. They survive me and my cats.

Can you shop online? I can send you a couple of links for stackables.

I’m creeped out by microwaving plastic so use the glass ones and I bought a bunch the same size so they stack well. These are a lifesaver for meal prep on the weekends and survival during the week. I keep a two days worth in the refrigerator and freeze the others. Healthier food, saves money because you don’t waste things. Extra veggies get juiced!

FitCoupleCooks uses the BPA free plastic, but they don’t nuke their food either. Good channel to follow: https://www.youtube.com/user/ClassyChefStef

Sure. I only shop online in Taiwan. I don’t use Amazon or Taobao. I use Ruten mostly.

I avoid stacking the glass containers - once I had one wedged inside another, and efforts to pry them apart led to an afternoon of shattered glass clean-up.

I’m also wary of microwaving plastic, but what we do is have plenty of lighter and stackable plastic ones for storage, and then a few glass ones to use if we’re carrying leftovers to microwave at work.

Tiffin-ish metal containers - a couple of wide metal tins, bundled one on top of another - are relatively easy to find these days, but I’ve found they only work if you want to keep food warm for a couple of hours at most. And of course microwaving those is out of the question.

Oh now I am envious. I can only use Yahoo.

Do you not have a heater box for the stainless steel bientangs in your office kitchen??

What I used to do with the food delivery because they provided their own stackable plastic containers, was to unload the bounty in a ceramic plate before nuking it. Since the food was delectable, it added elegance plus it made mealtime a bit more upbeat than just going through your meal box like a hog at the trough.

I’m at a university and usually teaching in different buildings. We don’t seem to have those heater boxes, or at least my quests for them have been unsuccessful.

(It doesn’t help that the office where I’d refrigerate and microwave stuff is closed during lunch hour.)

Well that’s pretty friggin barbaric.

The Mrs came home from the market a while ago with a bunch of these Tupperware®-ish containers that are made of 100% corn fibers. Aside from the lids, they microwave OK and are way lighter (and safer) than humping glass back and forth each day.

1 Like