Meeting the APRC annual income requirement through both ARC and independent business income. Possible?

The situation: I’m being paid by the hour at a university but not during the summers. I need a separate source of income during the summer time to satisfy the APRC average annual income requirement because my university monthly income is not enough to average over the summer months. My question is this: Can I start a business while I have an ARC, and can the money I make from that business be applied to the APRC annual income requirement in combination with the money made from my teaching position? (I already know the business will be profitable, and I have the necessary capital requirement. Those aren’t issues here.)

Thanks for any information! Maybe I need to visit a government office to find the answer.

Officially, your ARC tied to one source of income and you aren’t allowed to do any other job other than the one written in your ARC.
Since the APRC requirement is the ARC, we know how this loop goes.

APRC annual income requirement means that you provide a paper written so and a tax paying form saying so.
#it’s me paraphrasing :smiley:

[edited to paraphrase the paraphrase]

I started a business, and then got my own work permit through the company as the manager. Then, I applied for me ARC. My business license is focused on product development, consulting, training so it is very generic. Revenue requirements apply for the 2nd year to renew your work permit.

I wish I had established my business prior to my needing a work permit. Hindsight is 20/20.