#metoo makes sports less fun

Like 'em or not, they’re the future

Snap, no wonder they’re upset.

Yes. And for some strange reason, they are in general at least as much simple as previous generations.

Have you seen the “twerking” shit goign on in USA? even 12 yo girls upload their slutty videos to youtube, so proud of it. I don’t think that sex sells less than when I was young. Check any stupid movie or TV series of the last years.

Be a successful female in 2018.
Don’t agree with the regressive status quo that sees you as a victim of the patriarchy.
Lean toward conservative.
Get fired.

eUsr9ILqBVJg3GD3BD9EV_5vzsS3MKIniGL7_Fowk7w

The state of feminism.

2 Likes

There’s so many examples of this in tech these days. Just being outed for any kind of conservative view is grounds for firing.

2 Likes

The disappointment is valid, the accusation that this infringes on their choices as women is not. F1 is not required to provided these jobs and there are many other places one can find such work.

Any kind of conservative view? I call bs.

If they said, hey they add no value and our fans, drivers and teams, and the girls themselves don’t want to do it anymore fine.

But they clearly said “While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula 1 grands prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms,”

“We don’t believe the practice is appropriate or relevant to Formula 1 and its fans, old and new, across the world.”

I think it would be safe to conclude that they made this decision based on recent 3rd wave feminists trying to shove their agenda in places that aren’t needed.

Third wave female chauvinism’s goal of eliminating eye candy from the diet of American and European males is a form of moral austerity no different than that of third wave Islamic fundamentalism. While fully clothed females may eliminate male leering the loss of personal liberty is too high a price to pay.

2 Likes

is this a new agenda?

Girls do not need to add anything to the sport, because they are not being used part of the sport, but as part of its marketing. The thing is that that marketing has been used by those sports for long enough and now that specific thing is part of their paraphernalia.

I don’t see why things that are not intrinsic to something need to be shaved off.

Again, if the company has decided to do this without angry fat women shouting at them and threaten with becoming heterosexual and having offspring, then there’s nothing to complain about. If the blue haired angry mob has been airing hairy armpits around there, then feminists are guilty for making the World uglier.

I’m copying and saving the text somewhere else so that I still have it after someone’s feelings get hurt and my post flagged and removed.

I wish we could eliminate all the show girls and other cutie pie girlie girls that saturate every aspect of Taiwanese life

I was bummed when Chen Shui-Bian was Taipei Mayor and he got rid of all the betel nut girls in Taipei City. :frowning:

You mean things like this?

BTW, that’s much worse than the grid girls if you ask me.

Apparently it’s a “Wajib.” Don’t ask me to explain.

Growing the beard is a Wajib (mandatory) for all males capable of doing so.

What the authoritarians don’t get:

You can find something tasteless while at the same time allowing others their liberty.

2 Likes

Careful. There’s a fine line between slut shaming and eye candy shaming. Don’t ask me to explain.

The person’s name is Simon Chylinski, and uses a female avatar as their profile pic.

I guess all these people who are against these F1 grid “girls” do not realize that some of these “girls” took their experience from doing this to get into the male-dominated world of other jobs. Kind of sad to see so-called liberal women rant against those girls and not know about the other side of the story. Reading Michelle’s story basically overrides any criticism of these girls from anyone.

“For Michelle Westby, working as a promotional model in motorsports led to a successful career as a stunt driver and a drift racing driver.”

Her FB post:
If it wasn’t for grid work / promotional modelling, I wouldn’t be where I am now in a ‘male dominated’ sport and job as a stunt driver and drift competition driver, inspiring and influencing females into this ‘intimidating male environment.’ I get girls messaging me all the time saying how I inspire them and made them want to get into racing and drifting when they didn’t think they would be accepted… What people don’t realise, is that the girls have knowledge of the products and teams they are promotion — that’s part of the job. We get a brief on the uniform but it’s up to us if we feel comfortable in it. We are more clothed than what teenagers wear down the supermarkets. I’m now retired but to think girls have lost a lot of important income because feminists think they know best, when they really haven’t got a clue, is frustrating.

1 Like