Minimum Time to renew ARC

Can I ask for my problem. I go back to my country from 01/24 until 02/08 but my ARC valid until 02/17. Has any problem when I renew my ARC when Im back? or I have problem when I go back (maybe because the period of my ARC less the required)? or you have any suggestion. Thank you

Have you or your company applied or already sent in the application to renew your ARC yet?

It’s best to apply and renew your ARC around 1-2 months before expiration because sometimes the process takes awhile.

I not exactly sure what the situation is if you arrive on the date of your ARC expiration, but you might want to give the immigration office a call or visit. Here’s their website for more info:

https://www.immigration.gov.tw/mp.asp?mp=2

Thank you for your fast reply, Actually Im a student in Taiwan and sorry I have a mistake, my expired date is on 02/17 and I go back on 02/08.

The date written on your ARC is for REFERENCE purposes only. The ARC is valid as long as your visa is valid, and your visa is valid as long as your reason to be here is legal/actual/current.

Example: if you are a student but failed your courses, then your ARC is no longer valid, no matter the date. If you are a worker and you get fired, your visa is hence cancelled, you have no longer legal backing and therefore your ARC is no longer valid, no matter what date is printed on it.

So your ARC validity does not depend on that date, but on the following: have you complied, as a student, with the regulations required, meaning you have minimum assistance to classes, you have passed/approved your courses, etc. Are you enrolled for next term?

OTOH, have you asked for an extention of your ARC for next term yet? It takes some time for processing. I remember sometimes they allow you to pay earlier, and with New Year break in the middle, this may be a good idea as Immigration will get pretty crowded after the break. Doing this ahead of time will prevent a lot of hassle/trouble.