MOD (Media On Demand)

She’s soft advertising for SatTV, a previous Australian poster that mentions his satellite TV service, internet speed, or Taiwan citizenship at every opportunity. :laughing:

If you wish to watch TdeF then see this thread, and click the link wookie provided…
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 4&t=111372

there are also other options on the internet…

After complaining with CHT about the Eurosport channel I got a phone call from the channel agent, apologizing for putting the wrong channel up, but they can not change it because they have an agreement signed for Eurosport Pacific, not Eurosport Asia she told me, maybe next year.

She’s soft advertising for SatTV, a previous Australian poster that mentions his satellite TV service, internet speed, or Taiwan citizenship at every opportunity. :laughing:

If you wish to watch TdeF then see this thread, and click the link wookie provided…
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 4&t=111372

there are also other options on the internet…[/quote]

It’s funny that she doesn’t understand either Australian or Irish accent … she’s married to an Australian … uh … Taiwanese … :smiley:

Pretty annoying that they have to show Eurosport Pacific – the channel seems to be more into ‘minor’ sports – like surfing and arena football (indoor American style football) – not what I appreciate – although the track and field coverage is appreciated. But give me TdF and other ‘hardcore’ sports, instead.

BTW, who did you complain to (where/how) – maybe if we get enough of us complaining, they will think about adding ‘Asia’ or at least be more likely to changeto it when the time comes.

She told me they got lot’s of complaints but could not change without consulting Eurosport … trying to change the contract.

Pretty annoying that they have to show Eurosport Pacific – the channel seems to be more into ‘minor’ sports – like surfing and arena football (indoor American style football) – not what I appreciate – although the track and field coverage is appreciated. But give me TdF and other ‘hardcore’ sports, instead.

BTW, who did you complain to (where/how) – maybe if we get enough of us complaining, they will think about adding ‘Asia’ or at least be more likely to changeto it when the time comes.[/quote]
RJF, good suggestion, we should get 10 to band together and take turns calling them.
[color=#BF0000]The answer, though, is that this is the land of cheap options-and Eurosport Pacific is doubtless the cheapest option, with all these obscure sports.[/color]
BP, you’re a star! Good work :slight_smile:

So, how can I register a complaint – Does ‘she’ have a company email address we can write to? Is there a website we can sign onto? How did you contact her? Seems to me that as long as we are talking about the contract being transferred (Pacific to Asia), rather than terminated, Eurosport might be open to it, if we can convince ‘her’ to look into it.

[quote=“Kea”][quote=“Asian boy”]Hi there I sent you a PM please tell me where you got these channels from.[/quote]She’s soft advertising for SatTV, a previous Australian poster that mentions his satellite TV service, internet speed, or Taiwan citizenship at every opportunity. :laughing:

If you wish to watch TdeF then see this thread, and click the link wookie provided…forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 4&t=111372

there are also other options on the internet…[/quote]

Well the email I got in return says I should find any local Chinese satellite company and ask and that many satellites have the Tour De France. Sorry the streams from that thread are rather pathetic and nothing like the quality of pictures she posted. She never mentions anything about any Australian or any satellite TV service. Anybody got a contact number any satellite company? I don’t want streaming if its on satellite.

[quote=“RJF”]Pretty annoying that they have to show Eurosport Pacific – the channel seems to be more into ‘minor’ sports – like surfing and arena football (indoor American style football) – not what I appreciate – although the track and field coverage is appreciated. But give me TdF and other ‘hardcore’ sports, instead.

BTW, who did you complain to (where/how) – maybe if we get enough of us complaining, they will think about adding ‘Asia’ or at least be more likely to changeto it when the time comes.[/quote]

Taiwan is in Pacific broadcast rights area not in Asia area. RJF and Asian boy I send you both pm explain it on several HD satellties. Did I ever say any link to any company?
No I didnt because you cannot get from my husband company you need to look elsewhere. My husband not supply satellite TV anymore to people in Taiwan and to get his service you must be referred by an existing commercial customer for commercial use only. So sorry Kea give you bad information he doesnt know what he is talking about.

[quote=“Aboriginal girl”][quote=“RJF”]Pretty annoying that they have to show Eurosport Pacific – the channel seems to be more into ‘minor’ sports – like surfing and arena football (indoor American style football) – not what I appreciate – although the track and field coverage is appreciated. But give me TdF and other ‘hardcore’ sports, instead.

Taiwan is in Pacific broadcast rights area not in Asia area. RJF and Asian boy I send you both pm explain it on several HD satellties. Did I ever say any link to any company?
No I didnt because you cannot get from my husband company you need to look elsewhere. My husband not supply satellite TV anymore to people in Taiwan and to get his service you must be referred by an existing commercial customer for commercial use only. So sorry Kea give you bad information he doesnt know what he is talking about.[/quote]
OK, although I was accurate. Care to tell me when he stopped? Also, in your reply you’re subtly promoting his services for commercial interests-buy an ad next time. He did well starting from scratch building it up, as an entrepreneur. Shame he knew almost zip about rugby and continually trolled the forums.

Why don’t you explain it to all readers Aboriginal Girl, no need to keep this info a secret. Is your contribution to the forum, or still in promotion of STV’s product? RJF and Asian Boy, feel free to explain what’s so important… :laughing:

EDIT to Fridge: That’s all cool and if I watched more TV I’d have considered it years ago. I prefer getting out and doing things more-and another major factor is whenever I want to watch something-like the rugby or cycling, it’s available through the internet anyway.

[quote=“Kea”][quote=“Aboriginal girl”][quote=“RJF”]Pretty annoying that they have to show Eurosport Pacific – the channel seems to be more into ‘minor’ sports – like surfing and arena football (indoor American style football) – not what I appreciate – although the track and field coverage is appreciated. But give me TdF and other ‘hardcore’ sports, instead.

No I didnt because you cannot get from my husband company you need to look elsewhere. My husband not supply satellite TV anymore to people in Taiwan and to get his service you must be referred by an existing commercial customer for commercial use only. So sorry Kea give you bad information he doesnt know what he is talking about.[/quote]

OK, although I was accurate. Care to tell me the he stopped? Also, in your reply you’re subtly promoting his services for commercial interests-buy an ad next time. He did well starting from scratch building it up, as an entrepreneur. Shame he knew almost zip about rugby and continually trolled the forums.

Why don’t you explain it to all readers Aboriginal Girl, no need to keep this info a secret. Is your contribution to the forum, or still in promotion of STV’s product? RJF and Asian Boy, feel free to explain what’s so important… :laughing:[/quote]

I don’t think he has stopped cause I have Eurosports Asia on Sat in Taichung. Rugby world cup, Le Mans 24, TDF and soon Olympics. I’m spending $1000K a month, have been for 8 years. Most people seem to think they can’t afford it and prefer online pirate streams which stop all the time.

I think Jim is fed up with customers who just want TDF or just the Rugby world Cup or just their own special events and don’t want to pay for a year. Can you sign up for MOD for just one special event? I guess commercial customers don’t complain about the cash cause they get customers from it and my other friends with satellite don’t complain either. Even my mates came to watch the Rugby world cup at my home cause the bars in Taichung were closed or too far away and they prefer to buy 7/11 beer and watch at a friends house.

MOD always seems to be missing out on real sports. I guess you get what you pay for. Every time I suggest to others about satellite they end up not doing getting a satellite system about it and then complain they can’t watch it on cable or MOD and no places to watch in Taichung in bars. Every month or so people on here complaining they don’t have some special event on MOD, As for me I have some mates coming to watch the mountain stages and the time trials. Should be good in this years Tour De Crash. MOD last year no MOTO GP but had it the year before and this year. Next year who knows again. With satellite TV I get what I want all the time and don’t need to worry that MOD won’t show it. I don’t have MOD at home now.

So looks like existing customers or referred customers.

Boo hoo for you if you are not one of them but there are many bars that have the TDF live in HD.

I have a wife and 2 kids so I don’t go to bars and spend a lot of money just to watch sports that I can watch at home for a little investment.

I just called CHT, the 0800 number is on your MOD device … and asked for English translation help … a few days later a representative of the channel agent called me … the agent is GOLD… something, anyways, didn’t ask for her contact details as it was irrelevant for future use.

I have pretty OK streams for the TDF … PM me if you need it, but maybe you have the same as I.

[quote=“Kea”]OK, although I was accurate. Care to tell me when he stopped? Also, in your reply you’re subtly promoting his services for commercial interests-buy an ad next time. He did well starting from scratch building it up, as an entrepreneur. Shame he knew almost zip about rugby and continually trolled the forums.

Why don’t you explain it to all readers Aboriginal Girl, no need to keep this info a secret. Is your contribution to the forum, or still in promotion of STV’s product? RJF and Asian Boy, feel free to explain what’s so important… :laughing:.[/quote]

I not need explain anything and if you so interested in my husbands business why don’t you call or email him? Why I need to tell you anything that’s none of your business? I am not promoting any business at all so stop trying to imply that I am.

My contribution only advise people that all the so called content you cannot get on MOD is available on HD satellite from many companies. Some people happy to pay for quality rather than use pirated streaming. I also try sports lemon and other streaming sites. Maybe lucky can get a good stream but mostly not good.

I am lucky I have a good husband who can take care of my needs to give me especially all the Tennis and other sports I love to watch not available in Taiwan.

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]I just called CHT, the 0800 number is on your MOD device … and asked for English translation help … a few days later a representative of the channel agent called me … the agent is GOLD… something, anyways, didn’t ask for her contact details as it was irrelevant for future use.

I have pretty OK streams for the TDF … PM me if you need it, but maybe you have the same as I.[/quote]
Thanks – I will call them on Monday – the more of us that let them know that we are disappointed in their choice, the better our chances of having them do something about it – even if it is too late for this year, they will know what we want for next year.

I am ok with the streams that I have – thanks.

[quote=“Aboriginal girl”]I not need explain anything and if you so interested in my husbands business why don’t you call or email him? Why I need to tell you anything that’s none of your business? I am not promoting any business at all so stop trying to imply that I am.

My contribution only advise people that all the so called content you cannot get on MOD is available on HD satellite from many companies. Some people happy to pay for quality rather than use pirated streaming. I also try sports lemon and other streaming sites. Maybe lucky can get a good stream but mostly not good.

I am lucky I have a good husband who can take care of my needs to give me especially all the Tennis and other sports I love to watch not available in Taiwan.[/quote]

Frankly, I don’t give a toss. It was you who pulled me up on him supposedly changing his business structure-although a glance at this thread on the previous page shows that a few months ago he was indeed discussing dealing with his non-business customers. Therefore, Since you made the comment, I asked you for clarification on what exactly you meant.
Your contribution is opaque, as was his. If you want to contribute to this forum, spell out what these companies are that provide HD content, so all users can benefit, not some childish PMing to a few members. Again, not that I personally care since I have my own means, but there are plenty of people who use the site and would benefit.
Moreover, you are continuing to actively post in this thread just as STV did. This thread is about MOD, and not about other providers-not about him or you showing off how great your Sat-TV options are, and not about your husband’s company, which every time it’s mentioned gets free advertising here.
That’s it from me, I am not sure who I am talking to, you or him, so can’t be bothered with any more responses.
Please return to your regularly scheduled MOD programs. Fed Vs Murray tonight.

EDIT (last): Asiaboy…so much love for STV :unamused: . Most of that diatribe is too poorly written to bother reading. From skimming it 1/2 your points are incorrect, some are a stretch, and yes, I already said I would stop posting here as off topic. Just as they have been. As far as why I connect them? Simple-they are married and obviously continuing an off-topic commercial theme on this thread -do your own research on his previous posts here. That is all, cheerio.

You know what happened there, they got the cheaper option.

[quote=“Kea”][Frankly, I don’t give a toss. It was you who pulled me up on him supposedly changing his business structure-although a glance at this thread on the previous page shows that a few months ago he was indeed discussing dealing with his non-business customers. Therefore, Since you made the comment, I asked you for clarification on what exactly you meant.
Your contribution is opaque, as was his. If you want to contribute to this forum, spell out what these companies are that provide HD content, so all users can benefit, not some childish PMing to a few members. Again, not that I personally care since I have my own means, but there are plenty of people who use the site and would benefit.
Moreover, you are continuing to actively post in this thread just as STV did. This thread is about MOD, and not about other providers-not about him or you showing off how great your Sat-TV options are, and not about your husband’s company, which every time it’s mentioned gets free advertising here.
That’s it from me, I am not sure who I am talking to, you or him, so can’t be bothered with any more responses.
Please return to your regularly scheduled MOD programs. Fed Vs Murray tonight.[/quote]

Kea it seems you do give a toss and care a lot because its you that always has to mention about some poster satTV. Maybe its you that should be taking advertizing as you are writing in the threads for people to send you a PM to get sports streams yet you say aboiriginal girl is being childish for contacting people by pm. Very hypocritcal especially as she never mentioned her husband name or company so assume satTV is her husband from your rants. Maybe you are providing a sports streaming business so you ask people to contact you by PM and thats your contribution? Why don’t link your streaming sites on here? If you cannot then I will assume your are providing pirated streams. As for trolling that you mention, you are the one constantly writing about some poster not knowing anything about rugby or his id card. Seems you have a fetish for satTV because nearly every post you made mentions satTV. What is your problem with satTV?

Nobody mentioned the name of any satellite company here that can provide what I want. I only knew aboriginal girls husband has a satellite business in her last email and after ( you kea has to post about it but without any link to his website or a telephone number) she explained why they no longer provide to Taiwan based individuals. I thank her for posting other option on this thread about TDF as I did not realize so many other options apart from pirate streaming sites were available. In the email I received from aboriginal girl she gave me this link to satellites lyngsat.com/ so we can look for ourselves. She did say Telkomvisions has the Eurosports Asia channel which is what she has at home as well as Sky Perfect Jsports which has TDF.

This thread was about MOD and also TOUR DE FRANCE which is not shown on MOD and it was aboriginal girl who explained a couple of pages back that MOD doesnt have Eurosports Asia but Eurosports Pacific. MOD will not have Eurosports Asia because Taiwan is not in the broadcast region area for thatso has Eurosports Pacific. There are regional areas that get differnet content. She also some some channels called TEN ACTION and TEN HD. Wasn’t hard to find them by using google. tensports.com/ you can see all the other channels they have.

So aboriginal girl has provided what companies supply the HD channels to get the Tour De France and other sports. Mayeb you just didnt notice the channel names in the pictures she posted. I just need to see if any local companies can install that for me. I do not want to use streaming when I can have it on satellite or MOD on HD. Aboriginal girl said her mother has the Japanese satellite at home and that also has TDF in HD along with lots of other sports but a lot of the other channels like the movies etc are in Japanese. jsports.co.jp/program_guide/ … nth11.html

Kea as you have not offered anything about TDF why don’t you follow your own advice and stop posting in this thread or childishly telling people to contact you by pm. You negative trolls are not needed. I came here looking TDF and the only person who gave any answers was aboriginal girl. You on the other hand have nothing to offer but at the same time write about (satTV) in your posts so often when nobody else does. You must really like the guy.

Back to MOD…

Does anyone know what the fee is for extra boxes in the house? I can get one box for $359 per month. For each additional box would it still be $359 per box or is there a discount?

Also whats the price of Mod and internet combined? I dont need superfast internet. 6mbps downstream would be sufficient.

Thanks

[quote=“Milkybar_Kid”]Back to MOD…

Does anyone know what the fee is for extra boxes in the house? I can get one box for $359 per month. For each additional box would it still be $359 per box or is there a discount?

Also whats the price of Mod and internet combined? I don’t need superfast internet. 6mbps downstream would be sufficient.

Thanks[/quote]

Would it be possible in the first place … I guess that one box=one phone# (line) … I think it’s impossible to get multiple MOD signals through one phone line.

[quote=“Belgian Pie”][quote=“Milkybar_Kid”]Back to MOD…

Does anyone know what the fee is for extra boxes in the house? I can get one box for $359 per month. For each additional box would it still be $359 per box or is there a discount?..[/quote]

Would it be possible in the first place … I guess that one box=one phone# (line) … I thinks it’s impossible to get multiple MOD signals through one phone line.[/quote]
I wonder if what you could do is run the output from the MOD modem into a router and run lines from the router to the extra boxes.