MOD (Media On Demand)

[quote=“RJF”][quote=“Belgian Pie”][quote=“Milkybar_Kid”]Back to MOD…

Does anyone know what the fee is for extra boxes in the house? I can get one box for $359 per month. For each additional box would it still be $359 per box or is there a discount?..[/quote]

Would it be possible in the first place … I guess that one box=one phone# (line) … I thinks it’s impossible to get multiple MOD signals through one phone line.[/quote]
I wonder if what you could do is run the output from the MOD modem into a router and run lines from the router to the extra boxes.[/quote]

I don’t think it’ll work as your MOD box is basically a computer that logs in with the server at CHT …

210 OZ TV gone … end of contract with the provider, they should be renegotiating now but who knows.

Looks like it’s not just Chunghwa’s services that are losing channels. Kbro lost an Australian news channel a few weeks ago (no big loss), but the contract for Bio, Crime Investigation, and History run out on the 28th and when I called in to inquire what was up about it all they suggested the channels could be back on a new contract, but wouldn’t guarantee anything or predict how soon that could happen. Kbro still has History HD, but the programming was different with the regular History channel. I’m not happy about losing 3 channels I watched often.

So I figured out how to get the olympics channels. You need to press the Menu button (the one in the center), move down to the big “2012” button and click it, and then click on the first button (the picture of the satellite). That will bring you to channel 170. You can then go down through the channels (169, 168, etc) to view what’s playing.

Does anyone know how to put those channels into the regular rotation? I mean, I don’t want to push five buttons anytime I want to see what olympic events are playing. You know how you can set the TV up to scan through channels that you receive? Is there anything like that with MOD?

I get 170 the normal way (key in 170 on the remote, etc.). To see the ELTA sports schedule, go here: elta.tv/hd/program.php

That works for me as well, but even then it won’t go through the other channels. It will skip straight to 131 or whatever the first regular channel is. It will only show 169-158 if I go to the menu, hit the 2012 button, then click on the satellite as I mentioned before.

You are right – but I notice that after you do that (click the satellite), you can use the remote as normal to get the extra channels even after you switch to one of the regular channels – but if you shut MOD down, you have to do it all over again.

You’re not supposed to shut down MOD … it needs to run day and night

You can turn it off anytime your like. It auto standby also anyways. It doesnt need to run day and night.

Are you being serious? What I mean is the box connected to the TV, not the modem that the ADSL comes in on. Is that what you meant – and if so, why shouldn’t it be shut down? Also – I meant shut down to ‘standby’ – as Aboriginal Girl pointed out.

I still have Australian Network at home anyway so it doesn’t matter it’s not on MOD. It has good music program on weekends.

News is here ppt.cc/EWoN

Are you being serious? What I mean is the box connected to the TV, not the modem that the ADSL comes in on. Is that what you meant – and if so, why shouldn’t it be shut down? Also – I meant shut down to ‘standby’ – as Aboriginal Girl pointed out.[/quote]

I take out power line if not using for overnight or a day or so. Never a problem to restart it just plg in power line and reboot

Does anyone know where I can find a channel list for all the options MOD has? Kbro has stopped providing BIO, CI and History for the time being and I am curious if MOD has them or not, among others.

A lot of the list is in Chinese but if you cannot read Chinese google translate should do a good enough job.

mod.cht.com.tw/channel/

Also, you can get a brochure with a list at a China Telecom office.

All channels MOD provides is going through ‘channel agents’ (satellite access) … some cable providers are agents themselves, so if some agents drop channels or are late discussing new fees for channels and have no more contract than these channels are not available anywhere in Taiwan legally. CHT (MOD) does not have their own overseas channel agreements.

MOD does not have BIO or History …

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]All channels MOD provides is going through ‘channel agents’ (satellite access) … some cable providers are agents themselves, so if some agents drop channels or are late discussing new fees for channels and have no more contract than these channels are not available anywhere in Taiwan legally. CHT (MOD) does not have their own overseas channel agreements.

MOD does not have BIO or History …[/quote]
How about CI (Crime Investigation)?

[quote=“k.k.”][quote=“Belgian Pie”]All channels MOD provides is going through ‘channel agents’ (satellite access) … some cable providers are agents themselves, so if some agents drop channels or are late discussing new fees for channels and have no more contract than these channels are not available anywhere in Taiwan legally. CHT (MOD) does not have their own overseas channel agreements.

How about CI (Crime Investigation)?[/quote]

A lot of the list is in Chinese but if you cannot read Chinese google translate should do a good enough job.

mod.cht.com.tw/channel/

no CI

[quote=“k.k.”][quote=“Belgian Pie”]All channels MOD provides is going through ‘channel agents’ (satellite access) … some cable providers are agents themselves, so if some agents drop channels or are late discussing new fees for channels and have no more contract than these channels are not available anywhere in Taiwan legally. CHT (MOD) does not have their own overseas channel agreements.

How about CI (Crime Investigation)?[/quote]

No.

has anyone noticed the audio being quite badly out of sync on most channels?