MOD (Media On Demand)

I haven’t noticed that. Occasionally that happens due to a bad signal from the originating feed on a particular channel (or series of channels – like all the BBC channels), but not regularly, and not across all of them.

If it happens a lot you should call your MOD guy and get it fixed. I moved recently and had that problem, and then it got worse (within a week). He came over and had to change the wires over, new settings are great!

I haven’t noticed that. Occasionally that happens due to a bad signal from the originating feed on a particular channel (or series of channels – like all the BBC channels), but not regularly, and not across all of them.[/quote]

I’ve noticed it more often when I don’t power off the MOD box.

Australia is back … as are a bunch of new channels … History 132, C&I 133, Bio 134, Discovery from 103 - 106 …

You have to subscribe to them, they are not automatically added.

You have to subscribe to them, they are not automatically added.[/quote]
That’s a bummer – so many of their channels hold next to no interest for me – would love to get those new channels included in my current (top level) subscription.

That’s a bummer – so many of their channels hold next to no interest for me – would love to get those new channels included in my current (top level) subscription.[/quote]

It’s easy, just go to the main menu and from there look for the channels you can add and just mark them … you’ll be asked for the password (1234) and reset the MOD and you’re all set.

That’s a bummer – so many of their channels hold next to no interest for me – would love to get those new channels included in my current (top level) subscription.[/quote]

It’s easy, just go to the main menu and from there look for the channels you can add and just mark them … you’ll be asked for the password (1234) and reset the MOD and you’re all set.[/quote]
I don’t see where on the main menu I can mark the channels I want to add. How would I go about marking them? Thanks.

You push the button with thecolored cube, then select the left upper button with the TV icon and push the + button, in that sub menu you select the tools icon, in the next sub menu you select the second from the top, arrived in the next sub menu you should select either the top one or the second one to get in the menu where you can activate the channels. Selecting you do by pushing the middle button between your lef/top/down/up buttons. The red circled one. once you’re in the last two menus select left or right to find your channels. It will ask you for the password if you select and confirm them. They are selected in group, I don’t beleive you can select only one channel.

Good luck!

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]You push the button with thecolored cube, then select the left upper (button) with the TV icon and push the + button on your remote, in that sub menu you select the tools icon, in the next sub menu you select the second from the top, arrived in the next sub menu you should select either the top one or the second one to get in the menu where you can activate the channels. Selecting you do by pushing the middle button between your lef/top/down/up buttons. The red circled one. once you’re in the last two menus select left or right to find your channels. It will ask you for the password if you select and confirm them. They are selected in group, I don’t beleive you can select only one channel.

Good luck![/quote]

Thanks – that was really helpful. But from what I can tell, it looks as if you have to pay extra for those channels – am I wrong in that?

Thanks – that was really helpful. But from what I can tell, it looks as if you have to pay extra for those channels – am I wrong in that?[/quote]

These are not included in the basic package … too bad. Must be paid for as optional.

I added the discovery pack… it is quite cool! watch it daily now, worth the money.

It’s not that expensive, even compared to Cable TV, and way easier/cheaper than DishHDAsia with more channels, too.

We cut the CABLE TV ages ago… nothing worth watching really.

What happened to the ELTA channels? Half a year they run the Olympic Games on 20 channels or so and now everything is gone…

The original ELTA sports channel (170) is still there – all those extra ones weren’t there originally – they were only added for the Olympics in order to have more coverage of all the events – now that the Olympics are long over, I guess they must have decided not to continue with them, since they were only showing reruns of reruns of the events.

Maybe the channels that I could watch before the Games were excluded from my package or they were free before and not anymore. Have to check it out. Not that I can’t live without them, but they did show the Champions League.

The Champions League was always on 170 and it is still shown there – live at the original time (usually 3 or 4 in the morning), and then selected games replayed during the day – the CL is on break for now, so maybe they aren’t showing anything currently, but they will pick it up again when it restarts.

Edit: I just checked, and they have been showing games originally played 2012/11/07 & 08 each weekday night at 2230 – tonight they are showing the Benfica - Spartak Moscow game.

Hi all,
Just got signed up for MOD yesterday but unfortunately the Golf Channel is dubbed in Chinese. I remember when i had cable that on some channels you could switch between the sound feeds so you could select either the original English or Chinese. Does the MOD have this function???

Edit:- Never mind :slight_smile: Found it. In case anyone else is wondering, select the channel, push the round + button in the center of the arrows to access the menu and it’s the 4th one down from the top. :discodance:

[quote=“zhu ba jie de di di”]Hi all,
Just got signed up for MOD yesterday but unfortunately the Golf Channel is dubbed in Chinese. I remember when I had cable that on some channels you could switch between the sound feeds so you could select either the original English or Chinese. Does the MOD have this function???

Edit:- Never mind :slight_smile: Found it. In case anyone else is wondering, select the channel, push the round + button in the center of the arrows to access the menu and it’s the 4th one down from the top. :discodance:[/quote]

Just hit # on the far bottom right of the remote, it will switch audio. :discodance: :discodance: