MOD (Media On Demand)

Just subscribe to his channel. It gets updated on a regular basis and each video isn’t a small segment of an interview like Fallon or Conan’s YT channel, it’s normally the entire interview.

Yeah, those other shows are split up, annoying. Fallon is shallow anyway. Never watch the pale guy. Seth Meyers clips are longer too.

What annoys me is that MOD every year drops some good channels and brings on crap channels. They probably already have a license for all channels in several packages. If customers subscribe and pay for it why take it away? They can’t get HBO channels for some reason.

They’re Giving us 2 Years Free MOD?
My wife told me that the installers are coming to give us 2 years of Free MOD of “TV Series and Movies” only. I guess it’s some sort of new VOD promotion. I’ll know next week. Anyone know anything about this?

Around Chinese New Year they forced us to cancel our package because they were complaining that were not earning enough money. Most of the people here, I believe, argued against this case. We were looking for reason to cancel the service so we did.

Oh, well Free is Free, welcome. Please install your box.

MOD should change their name, it’s no longer their purpose, Movie/Media on Demand! It’s clearly more as a cable provider over telephone line. Just the way it works in my home country, cable company doing phone and internet, phone company doing cable TV. Compete! And the via satellite provider I forgot. Compete.

Eurosport is back.

CHT is now offering a Netflix option bundled with MOD. Prices vary depending on the package.

4 screens Netflix only is 390 NT$/month, is it worth it to bundle MOD and Netflix. You need to get internet, MOD and Netflix. Total =?
If you have no limit internet on a smartphone?

Do you need to get a new box? Is 4K netflix via MOD + the usual MOD sub cheaper than a basic MOD sub + netflix?

I think you get a new box.
Now I know that internet (1,100 NT$ depending on speed) + MOD + Netflix is 1,600 NT$ about.

A new blow below the belt from Disney!

"The five channels to be canceled in Taiwan are Fox Crime, Fox Family Movies, FX channel, Channel V and National Geographic People, Fox Taiwan said yesterday.

These channels are aired through Chunghwa Telecom’s multimedia-on-demand system, as well as local cable TV providers, with customers paying extra to watch them on top of regular subscription fees, it said."

I’m wondering what crap they will replace them with.

Only one I ever watched was FX sometimes- hopefully they’ll get something better (as in, “I hope they will”, but I’m not counting on it.

Why is it that my friend in another city from me in Taipei has different Taiwan news channels than I do on MOD?

I would think Changhua MOD would have every Taiwan news channel available for viewing.

He has TVBS and a different SET than I do and maybe more.

Are they available on MOD?

Anyone updated their boxes?

Can I carry boxes in to Changhua store or call them and have them come to house?

Mine have been around a long time, some channels don’t have sound, and the remote has some buttons that don’t work. Current remote control.

Yes!

Yeah, they’ll replace it for free.

Does MOD do subtitles now?
When it was our cable television service we had multiple languages but no subtitles.
We canceled it because they kept canceling our channels.
The actually begged us to take it back and gave us free basic service along with a 199 movie package but I put the box away and haven’t used it due to a bad HDMI slot on our tv and too many boxes.
If it improved, I’ll dig the box out again add some channels.
I really enjoyed it when it first came out. Tons of English channels.
Do they still make you commit to one year on some channels? I want the right to try and cancel.

I have MOD with the included NTD199 free basic movie package and the subtitles seems to be only in Chinese. There’s no option for English.

Are these subtitles hard subtitles, meaning always on or do they disappear with the switch.
The original manual says that some of those buttons are supposed to control subtitles but they are currently not used, I guess.
How’s the selection for the 199 package? Is it worth digging up the box and plug and get it again? In your own personal opinion.
Can you try out channels without being committed for one year? There were some channels I wanted to try but I do not like the commitment.