Modding Advice

I do mean it - if the general consensus is that I’m not wanted here, I’m happy to go. Not everyone fits in everywhere - I’m old enough to be perfectly OK with that. The internet’s a big place.

On the one hand, it’s not quite Survivor here. To get kicked off the island, you actually need to break the rules.

On the other hand, it’s not quite Hotel California either. You can leave whenever you want. (Checking out is another story.)

1 Like

If you want to bitch about stuff in general, Muslims, single parents, lefties, climate change, refugees, Taiwanese people by all means GO AHEAD.

But create your own fucking thread to do it! Get your hate on with your own crew.

Stop shitting all over other peoples threads or attacking people because they are richer or different than you.

(Sorry for swearing it had to be said ).

Pretty sure if u say like all Muslim are bad in your own thread that’s not going to fly brianjones

Don’t shit on other peoples threads. Create your own shitfest in the dankest corner of the internet if it makes you happy.

Because it tends to degenerate into an unhelpful tit for tat exchange. Not everyone will always like everyone else’s posting style–that’s a given. I just removed a few other such posts–don’t do this please.

The folks that run this board should know people aren’t going to come here if it’s full of hate, people attacking each other, trolls, xenophobic or discriminatory content. Negative breeds negative.

It won’t do well on Google searches and the positive contributors are just going to go somewhere else, like many have chosen to already.

2 Likes

Ok, so I’ve had my post censored off this thread discussing trolls because… I gave an example of a troll post?

I wasn’t abusive, I didn’t swear, I just quoted a post that was clearly a good example of someone trolling

Is this a new rule now - you’re not allowed to quote people?

3 Likes

Taidongcouncil I think they’re now removing any post that they don’t agree with even if you are polite and not aggressive…

3 Likes

xD

You can say that again. :slight_smile:

Toe Save claimed the opposite earlier, that controversial discussion (ranting at each other?) gets clicks.

So you’d want to check is that really their policy for polite discussion?
I’m honestly not getting that vibe.

I can smell the testosterone building up on this thread. Maybe it’s time for one of our few female posters to step in. It could use a feminine touch.

1 Like

Um, Brian, you’re talking about this post?

I didn’t read that as a policy statement.

I agree with @TaidongCouncil sometimes posts get to easily (re)moved or censored… That’s what bothers me a lot… How many “from (post x)” do we have lately…

1 Like

Your post was very unfair to the person you selectively quoted and unhelpful.

But by far the worst I’ve seen here…

I agree, and frankly if that is the case I won’t either. Yet we aim to allow for free expression of opinions, even if unpopular.

That is not my primary concern in that regard. As yyy aptly notes, nor is it our policy to drive traffic by encouraging discord–indeed we do a great deal to prevent it. I hope for this to be a place where everyone would like to come, but it’s impossible to create such a place really. Again, we do seriously intend to allow for free expression even if those opinions are unpopular.

2 Likes

Well since one of the objectives of Toesave is to get more clicks to then quote to advertisers…

After some nonsensical replies such as ‘oh okay’
he then stated this kind of stuff gets more clicks.
He certainly didn’t condemn.

I don’t know what the policy is . It’s not clear.

That is a subjective comment, which may or may not be true, but unfortunately we are not allowed to analyse it coz we are not allowed to post actual examples of people trolling in order to define what trolling is

That’s a pity, coz I think it’s an interesting topic worthy of discussion - but if we’re banned from defining what it is that we’re meant to be discussing then it makes it hard

As a “general commentary” though, I would advise people that are easily offended - don’t first post unprovoked, unsubstantiated, offensive comments

On second thoughts… go for it … coz if you’re in the Forumosa clique then the mods have got your back and they will just censor anyone who calls you out

1 Like