money transfers in USD to Taiwan bank account

Actually it’s not clear that I can’t open an account online. I’m going to try to call them and see if a non-resident can open online. If I can, then all my problems are solved.

Edit: nope, cannot open online. Need to be physically present.

How long does it take you receive money from America? Google says 1-4 days for international transfer. Someone sent me a large sum 12 days ago and still nothing.

1-3 days, never had a transfer delayed that long. Any missed calls from your bank on your phone?

Last time just one business day. Sent it before I went to sleep (NA day time), got call from bank next day around noon.

One to two days at most. Just call your bank. They’re probably holding it until you confirm the transfer and answer a few questions

1. if it’s same-person to same-person (like John Smythe to John Smythe), then should be no problem. Shows up overnight as “pending”. Then 24 hours later should be in for good.
  2. if different person to different person (like John Doe to Sally Wang), then could be a problem, especially if a huge amount.

Taiwan bank always calls up to ask what incoming money is for, but I’ve only had my same-name account (overseas) to my same-name account (Taiwan).

I would go into your bank in Taiwan and talk directly to a desk person (not teller). Probably should have done that 3 days after nothing showed.
Your “someone” on the other end should go into his/her bank and see what the notice said on the transfer.

Good luck.

Ask “Someone” to provide the copy of the Wire transfer receipt
If you haven’t received any call from the Bank, then maybe they haven’t received the transfer yet