Monster Energy or New Castle Brown Ale

Does anyone know if there is any place in Taipei (or Taiwan) to buy Monster Energy or New Castle Brown Ale?
I know the marketplace at the new Fuxing Sogo used to sell New Castle a few years ago because I may have possibly bought the last 7 bottles. I have not seen anymore since then. I’ve seen people wearing Monster Energy merchandise around Taiwan as well, but I have never been able to find the actual drink. Any help locating these would be much appreciated. Thanks!

There’s a guy on Ruten selling Monsters:

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21303137730178

4 in a box for 220NT (+shipping)

Seems like a reputable seller.

Also, don’t assume that if people are wearing/eating/holding the item that you want, that its sold here in stores.

Good example is A&F and most of the “A” brands about 10 years ago or so. No resellers or stores in Taipei, but you still saw a lot of people wearing their apparel.

Thanks ranlee!

No problem. Word from the wise, Ruten is not foreigner friendly, even if you have ARC.

Thank you so much! I too have been looking for Monster Energy Drink! I don’t like Red Bull, Rockstar, or the local brands much at all. Monster is in a league of its own in terms of taste and effect.

Three years waiting, and now it seems I can finally lay my hands on it. Thanks again!

[quote=“Brad_Williams”]Thank you so much! I too have been looking for Monster Energy Drink! I don’t like Red Bull, Rockstar, or the local brands much at all. Monster is in a league of its own in terms of taste and effect.

Three years waiting, and now it seems I can finally lay my hands on it. Thanks again![/quote]
Amazing as it’s owned by Coca-Cola…you would have thought distribution would have been easy?

I’ve always been a little surprised that Taiwan has not gone ‘ga ga’ over energy drinks. Perhaps their tea addiction is just too strong. :slight_smile:

(by the way, Coke only invested/bought ~17% in Monster and that was just last month.)

AF ? Many people maybe bought them in the USA ? They have good stuff and often sales so says my wife.

I like to call it aberzombie and bitch :slight_smile:

[quote=“ranlee”]There’s a guy on Ruten selling Monsters:

http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21303137730178

4 in a box for 220NT (+shipping)

Seems like a reputable seller.

Also, don’t assume that if people are wearing/eating/holding the item that you want, that its sold here in stores.

Good example is A&F and most of the “A” brands about 10 years ago or so. No resellers or stores in Taipei, but you still saw a lot of people wearing their apparel.[/quote]

So I finally decided I wanted to buy a few boxes of Monster, maybe 20-40 cans.
I called them and the lady told me it wasn’t a box of 4 for 220NT.

…it was 1 (ONE) can for 220NT!!!
Thats like $7 for something you can buy for $1 back in the States.
I might have been willing to go 100 per can, but definitely not 220. Ughh

Either they updated the website or I completely misread it when I initially found the site.

220NT is a pretty ridiculous price. You might as well just fly to Japan for vacation and buy a box or two to bring back over because I think that’s the closest place to Taiwan that sells it in stores.

Sorry to disappoint!

Bump

Seems like Monster has officially made it 7-11s.

355ml for 59NT (free sticker with the purchase of every can)

IMAG0353