Motorcycle touring

well i’ve finally gotten my act together enough to try and put up a little suggestion for a sunday blast round the mountains route that i’ve put together… it’s only really feasible if you live in Taichung, but if you do it’s a well spent afternoon on some really tasty twisties in the foothills and mountains surrounding Taichung… the total distance is around 150km…

well here’s a really low res map, just to give you an idea of where the route goes… you’ll need to check your own map to really get a clear picture of where to go though…

it starts on wen xin rd, taichung city, just follow wen xin all the way out of town, without turning… if after around 20-30 mins you reach a traffic circle just out of town in da-ken with a large tree and a mini temple inside it, you’re bang on to continue straight past it, up into the hills on what will become the 129… the 129 goes up onto the plateau, past chicken farms and mountain tea shops… there are usually cars on the weekends, but it’s worth persisting… after a while, at a T junction you’ll need to take a right onto the