Motorcycle touring

Different strokes…
I’m glad you’re getting onto bikes that make you happy. I know a couple of guys who had big sport bikes back in the States who still get a lot of enjoyment from riding 125s or 150s round the back roads here, though.

My dad recently bought a new bike after a thirty-year break from biking. Of course he has a full UK bike licence and is legal to ride whatever Hayabusas etc he wanted to, but he bought a Yamaha 125! Actually I think even he may be a bit disappointed by the lacklustre power output, but give him a 250 and he’d be quite happy putting around.

For me, I think a reasonable 400 would be great for Taiwan’s roads and I would neither want nor need anything bigger.

For a very interesting take on biking philosophy as regards fast, skillful, controlled and safe riding, see;
faq.f650.com/FAQs/RidingTipsFAQ.htm#The Pace (better cut and paste that into your browser so you get the last two words in, or alternatively click on ‘The Pace’ on the index)

I’m interested in that. The crucial process seems to be the ‘type approval’ or whatever they call it, where they approve a bike for Taiwan’s roads. Isn’t that hideously expensive for a single import?

If you know about this process I’d be really interested.