Mountain bike CAR TRUNK RACK

Hey everyone,

I am looking to buy a car trunk rack for a mountain bike, the car is a sedan.

Does anyone own one or can anyone tell me where to buy one that doesn’t cost too much (budget is about 3000nt ±)

Thanks!

That’s second hand pricing.

You can try looking up some second hand FB group pages for cycling and put up a wanted ad for them.

Otherwise, you’re stuck buying a brand new one.

Ohhh… Okay, where can I buy one then? I’ll have a look at new ones.

This is the place I got mine in Taipei, they are very good.

thanks! Which one did you buy??

I got the SuperPro Joe2, they have the same model that has ability for 3 bikes. They also sell an additional cord that is very thick and ‘cut proof’ that wraps around the bikes and then tuck it into the trunk for additional safety from people who might just cut the cords. I have it on my Lexus GS300.

https://tw.bid.yahoo.com/item/∥MyRack∥YAKIMA-SUPERJOE-PRO-2-Bike-有ARTC認證-腳-100033402678

I added the guy on line and he showed me the super joe racks, thanks a lot! You’ve been a great help. Do you ride road or MTB tcarnagan?

Both, but my road bike is carbon and i usually put that in the back seat of the car. Takes a little time to adjust to having it on the back of the car, in the sense that I was nervous of it not being strapped in tight enough, but I’ve had no troubles with it. Cuts down on gas mileage but I like the trunk mount since there is so many places a roof mount would be a problem in Taiwan. Plus for less than 4k its a pretty good deal I think.

I was thinking about a roof mount but yeah I dont think it would even get
out of my parking area under the apartment block. Where do you ride MTB?
Taipei and taoyuan?

Bike path along the river from Sanxia(south of Taipei), and when I’m out of town. Few loops I take around Sanxia area that go through the mountains.

A little off topic, but if you guys are looking to ride with people in Taipei, check out Alan’s Mtn Bike Shop near Gong Guan on Roosevelt. They do mountain bike trips and rides.

The Specialized shop in Dazhi also does some mountain bike rides too.

Thanks ranlee :+1: