Muzha Bo Jia Sports Park

This month’s (Jan) Taipei Pictorial (p52) has an article about Bo Jia Sports Park. I went there today.

It is a building just off Muzha Road Sec 4. It’s not large but it is new and very clean.

On the first floor, there is a play area with climbing equipment including a “rock-climbing” frame (plastic). It also has an outdoor play area and garden. (No eating indoors but there is a water machine in the indoor area).

B1 is a swimming pool with6 lanes. The two outer lanes are for free play/children swimming. It’s a 25-m pool. Lanes are 2 meters wide, middle depth 140cm, either end is 120cm, temp is 29 degrees. Water is warmed up and chlorine etc checked every two hours. Water is completing changed once a month. There is extra heating next to the pool so you won’t get cold too easily. Pool is open from 5:30am to 9pm, in 4 sessions: 5:30-7:20, 8:30-11:15, 1:30-4:15, 6pm-8:40pm. You can use floaters, swim rings etc for kids, but need to bring your own.

2F is a reading room and will later have a library. There is also a small gym, with 3 running machines and a couple of other things.

3F has two rooms which you can use for meetings, such as reading clubs or whatever you fancy.

This facility, including swimming pool, is free for residents of Wen-Shan district, neihu, beitou, nankang, shilin (“taipei area 5”). If you’re not from these areas, you pay adult 110 or 80 kids (students, or under 110cm). Over 65s half price.

The article in Taipei Pictorial mentions the fact that not many people are using this facility, and it’s a real pity.

Address; Muzha Road Sec 4, Lane 159, No. 16
Tel: 2239-5494
10 min walk from Muzha Line’s Muzha station.
Take buses: 251, 252, 647, 660, 666, 902, 915, S10, BR3, BR7, get off at Bo Jia Elementary School stop.

I’m not sure if I know this place or not. When you exit Muzha MRT, which direction do you go? Right or left? And the gym: are there weights are weight machines in it? Thanks.

Sorry, my sense of direction is terrible!! There was no direction given in the magazine. And I am not sure about the weights, cos I was really paying attention to the things for kids. Next time I go there, I will take a look.

It’s okay. My wife says the school is left (east) of the MRT so I know where to go.

Woah I just saw this thread, why is it in parenting?
MM, did you check out the gym? How was it?
I had no idea there was something like this in Muzha, especially for free.

Oh, I posted it here cos it is a good place for kids, there aren’t many indoor spaces for kids in Muzha.

The “gym” is really tiny, it’s a room with three running machines and a ski machine. The pool is pretty nice, though.

It’s free due to the govt. policy regarding incinerator areas, if you build a garbage incinerator in an area you need to provide some free facilities for the public. (The big park near the “giraffe” chimney is another place provided because of this policy.)

[quote=“asiababy”]Oh, I posted it here cos it is a good place for kids, there aren’t many indoor spaces for kids in Muzha.

The “gym” is really tiny, it’s a room with three running machines and a ski machine. The pool is pretty nice, though.

It’s free due to the govt. policy regarding incinerator areas, if you build a garbage incinerator in an area you need to provide some free facilities for the public. (The big park near the “giraffe” chimney is another place provided because of this policy.)[/quote]

I never went to the place as I heard what Asiababy said. Small gym. I’m not interested in the pool.

There’s a park near the Toys-R-Us incinerator? I always wondered what that big pathc of grassland was you see from the highway. Hmm.

Do you know about all the new playground area they have built up along the river? Lots of slides and swinging, bobbing things for the kiddies. Lots of circles for the kids to run around too.

In Muzha there may not be many indoor places but there are so many wonderful outdoor places. There’s are lovely fresh clean stream just up the mountains which are perfect for kids to explore. Also a few small pools they could even swim in.