My girlfriend is hanging out with another guy

Yeah I’m aware of the fertility peak, which is very different from the sexual peak- which may well be nature’s last ditch attempt to get a woman replicating.

Here’s what I’ll tell you- in my early 20’s, I rarely thought about sex in explicit detail, even after I’d lost my virginity. I was more likely to fantasize about other aspects of a relationship, and physically, more likely to fantasize about cuddling and such. Maybe I’m weird, and I did grow up sheltered in some ways. But for me, the emphasis wasn’t on sex at all.
When I hit 27 or so, holy shit, I didn’t even recognize myself. I thought about sex FAAAAAARRRR more often and in FAAAAR greater detail. It hit me hard and it was a marked difference. It might have been difficult to measure by an outside party from a statistical perspective, but the difference was massive.

So I’m just speaking from my experience as a woman. She might be sussing this guy out to see if he’d be a better boyfriend (and if she’s thinking that a present boyfriend would be better than a long-distance boyfriend, she probably has a point, and since the two aren’t married yet, that’s fair game, eh?) but she’s probably not thinking about sex as much as you guys think.

Again, I can only speak from my own experience but since few women post on this forum I thought my perspective might be valuable to the OP.

Oh one more thought about being visual- sure, women are visual, and that might be a primary consideration for a one night stand or a night of flirting. But when a woman is looking for a long-term thing, aesthetics take a far backseat to other considerations (backseat? Looks may as well be in the trunk.) A woman won’t end up with a guy she finds physically repulsive but women often end up with guys that they wouldn’t find immediately attractive if they’ve got other features which are higher on her list. How often do you see a woman with an less attractive man? How often do you see a man with a less attractive woman?

Some people here made some good points. Dude, don’t get married that soon! it’s a way too quick. You want to experience to live together firstly. In addition, if you say she’s so cute, and she has soooo many guy friends, and she keeps saying that everything is sexualless, then it seems to me that odds are that she’s a manipulative spoiled girl who wants boys to be around admiring her. And once she gets bored of something, she will look for satisfaction anywhere else. Just my two cents…

Personally I don’t buy it. I might believe it somewhere else, but not from a Taiwanese girl.

My experience here has been that if basically anyone sees you with a girl, the automatic assumption is that you are married, or very serious. Being seen out in public with a member of the opposite sex means a lot more here than it does elsewhere. She’s clearly not shy about being out with this guy.

I hate it because if your neighbors see you with a girl ONE TIME, just once, they will always ask about your wife or girlfriend. You don’t bring a girl around for the neighbors to see unless its very serious. From my experience, there is no concept of casual dating here. I would find it hard to believe that this viewpoint isn’t also installed in “your” girlfriends brain drive.

When she got you so far, that you had to ask for help on a forum. I think it is time to move on. Or do you want to continue living like that? She already made you lose face now.

[quote=“Homey”]Personally I don’t buy it. I might believe it somewhere else, but not from a Taiwanese girl.

My experience here has been that if basically anyone sees you with a girl, the automatic assumption is that you are married, or very serious. Being seen out in public with a member of the opposite sex means a lot more here than it does elsewhere. She’s clearly not shy about being out with this guy.

I hate it because if your neighbors see you with a girl ONE TIME, just once, they will always ask about your wife or girlfriend. You don’t bring a girl around for the neighbors to see unless its very serious. From my experience, there is no concept of casual dating here. I would find it hard to believe that this viewpoint isn’t also installed in “your” girlfriends brain drive.[/quote]

I’m gonna have to call bullshit on that one. Casual dating is very alive and well in Taipei. Unless the doormen think I have multiple girlfriends at once. All the girls I went on dates had no qualms of me being “out in public”. A few more liberal ones would even grab my arm.

Read what he wrote again about the neighbours, he’s right.

you should break up with this girl.

especially if she farts.

Once again, I have to state that there is much more to Taiwan than Taipei. Come down south of Taipei and spend 6-12 months working and living in one of the many backward ass traditional cities and you will never again believe that Taipei represents the rest of Taiwan.

[quote=“Taipei2013”][quote=“Homey”]Personally I don’t buy it. I might believe it somewhere else, but not from a Taiwanese girl.

I hate it because if your neighbors see you with a girl ONE TIME, just once, they will always ask about your wife or girlfriend. You don’t bring a girl around for the neighbors to see unless its very serious. From my experience, there is no concept of casual dating here. I would find it hard to believe that this viewpoint isn’t also installed in “your” girlfriends brain drive.[/quote]

I’m gonna have to call bullshit on that one. Casual dating is very alive and well in Taipei. Unless the doormen think I have multiple girlfriends at once. All the girls I went on dates had no qualms of me being “out in public”. A few more liberal ones would even grab my arm.[/quote]

[quote=“Homey”]Once again, I have to state that there is much more to Taiwan than Taipei. Come down south of Taipei and spend 6-12 months working and living in one of the many backward ass traditional cities and you will never again believe that Taipei represents the rest of Taiwan.

[quote=“Taipei2013”][quote=“Homey”]Personally I don’t buy it. I might believe it somewhere else, but not from a Taiwanese girl.

I’m gonna have to call bullshit on that one. Casual dating is very alive and well in Taipei. Unless the doormen think I have multiple girlfriends at once. All the girls I went on dates had no qualms of me being “out in public”. A few more liberal ones would even grab my arm.[/quote][/quote]

Oh I could definitely see this being a problem in some place like Tainan or Southern Taiwan. Which is why don’t ever bother visiting the south. Did the tourist trail once. Other then Sun Moon Lake / Kenting, nothing else that would warrant a visit back.

Wonder how things turned out with the OP. OP - you still there?

Use @

She’s lying. The “don’t you trust me baby” =lying. He’s also lending her money? Sorry but she’s 99% either taking it or thinking of it. And you’re also right he likes her, she’s pretty , he’s hanging at the beach with her and lending her money. Would she trust you if the roles were reversed ? SHE IS LYING

Note this discussion was from over four years ago, and I think was only unearthed because of some kind of weird two-word spam post (since deleted).

1 Like

And how did it turn out for the OP?
Is that Beautiful looking Taiwanese girl available again? or did he/someone else marry her?
It’s so interesting!

Let’s hope the OP replies. I’ve no doubt she’s beautiful, thats the only part I believe. If it were legal i would bet anyone 100US$ he found out she was lying. But as it’s illegal to gamble and impossible to proove without the OP so I wont bet. And I doubt he cares anymore anyway.

OP has hopefully moved on with his life since she cuckold him over 4 years ago. But maybe not.

1 Like

@ginoandres did you marry her?

Or maybe they got married, had a couple kids, and are now lawyering up for the divorce.

1 Like

Maybe he married the dude she was hanging out with. He seemed more interested in him anyway. She was just the plot device that got them together.

Dang… Preferred the cuckold scenario…