My son prefer homeschooling to regular junior high school

Hi all,
I am a foreign student in Taiwan and my son’s ARC is “dependent” to me.
My son is already registered to 7th grade at a public junior high school starting for this fall semester in Taipei. He study in Taiwan since 4th grade in elementary school.
However, he prefer homeschooling to regular junior high school because next year he will go back to his home country. So, he needs to prepare for exams in his home country to enter 8th grade.

The problem is that we missed the deadline (31 April 2017) to apply for homeschooling in Taiwan. I got this information from both school and Department of Education. If we apply now, then he can start the homeschooling next semester (Spring).

Our preferred homeschooling is online system managed by organization in my home country, not in Taiwan. If we follow the Taiwan rule about homeschooling, the homeschooling is still managed by the local school.

I am just thinking to completely withdraw my son registration in the public junior high school.
Is there any consequence for him for not being registered at any school in Taiwan?

I know that he will lost his student easy card. But, that’ ok.

Thank you…

I think the student card is the all. Iirc attending a school is not mandatory for foreign kids in Taiwan. He will have a year of blank in Taiwanese system, but if the home schooling is recognized by the education system in your country, I don’t think there is a problem.