National Palace Museum Book Sale - Up to 90% Off

National Palace Museum (Gugong) has accumulated a lot of unsold books over the years, and has decided to offload them now, at a significant discount. Some beautifully-illustrated albums and exhibition catalogs printed in high quality and on good paper are being sold at prices around $100 (a 90% discount off their list price). There are even more books at 30% or 50% off ($300-$700). Older issues of NPM Monthly Magazine, many of which also include good quality prints, go for $20-$40.

Where: Taipei Zhongshan Metro Mall, Lot B18-B20 (between MRT Zhongshan and Shuanglian, 中山地下書街)
When: now until 31 July 2016, every day until 9.30 pm

More information in Chinese:

[ul][li]List of books on sale from the NPM Museum Shop website (they can also be bought online)[/li]
[li]List of NPM Magazine issues (those up to #238 except #100 and #200 are significantly discounted)[/li]
[li]Taipei Zhongshan Metro Mall map (bilingual), and more information[/li]
[li]Background article from Liberty Times[/li][/ul]
Note: 打一折 or 打1折 means 90% off, 打七折 or 打7折 is 30% off, 打五折 is 50% off.

1 Like

Hey Doraemonster, Thanks for the heads up. :slight_smile: I can’t make it through that entire list. But I’m wondering, would you happen to know if there are there any 八大山人 and/or any 齊白石 books there?

I only made it there less than an hour or so before the closing time, so I didn’t manage to look through all the stuff as much as I would like to. A Google search for “keyword site:npm.gov.tw” and/or “keyword site:npmshops.com” should turn up everything they ever published about the particular author or topic. It seems there was something about Qi Baishi (齊白石) in the magazine issues #104, #120, #192 and #208, and issue #192 for Bada Shanren (八大山人) selling at $30 each, though to know what exactly is inside you’d have to see it yourself.

I only made it there less than an hour or so before the closing time, so I didn’t manage to look through all the stuff as much as I would like to. A Google search for “keyword site:npm.gov.tw” and/or “keyword site:npmshops.com” should turn up everything they ever published about the particular author or topic. It seems there was something about Qi Baishi (齊白石) in the magazine issues #104, #120, #192 and #208, and issue #192 for Bade Shanren (八大山人) selling at $30 each, though to know what exactly is inside you’d have to see it yourself.[/quote]

Thanks for the info! And the PM :slight_smile: