Nationality on China visa application

mainlandchina

I’m working on a visa application for an upcoming trip to China, and it asks the nationality of all of my family members. For my wife, I’m considering the following options:

[ul]1: Brazenly list Taiwan and see what happens[/ul]
[ul]2: List Republic of China or ROC and hope they don’t care[/ul]
[ul]3: I’m not really willing to write China, even though I know this is what they want me to write[/ul]

Anyone had similar experience? FYI, she’s not traveling with me, but they still want to know.

That’s weird, I don’t recall ever having to do that. I think you should just leave it blank if she is not going with you. They have no way of knowing if you are married.

Where are you going in China?

Zhejiang, Jiangsu, and Chongqing. I think leaving it blank sounds prudent.

Which jiang? Zhe jiang? Off topic, but swing by if you are Ningbo-side.

It’s a weird one. I have to get in the ‘International’ queue not the domestic to fly from China to Taiwan. I started arguing once then figured it probably wasn’t the smartest point to make, at passport control.

[quote=“Ermintrude”]Which jiang? Zhe jiang? Off topic, but swing by if you are Ningbo-side.

It’s a weird one. I have to get in the ‘International’ queue not the domestic to fly from China to Taiwan. I started arguing once then figured it probably wasn’t the smartest point to make, at passport control.[/quote]

Dont they write ‘International Flights and Flights to China Taiwan, China Hong kong and China Macau’.

I dont understand why on ‘Im a Singer’ they always refer to contestants as coming frm 中國台灣 but not for instance 中國海南。 Actually I completely understand, just think its silly.

Not at my airport. They probably thought it through a bit more at the big ones.

I transfered at Pudong once a few years ago. I sheepishly asked the Customs lady if Taipei flights were “domestic… or…” She just casually said that’s the international terminal as if it were a totally normal thing for Taiwan not to be a part of China. Hmmm.

My dealings with metropoles and friends and business partners in Shanghai and similar cities is that they have now travelled a lot, dealed with foreigners a lot and on the whole dont really care about Taiwan. Especially those who have travelled to Taiwan or deal a lot with Taiwanese. Of course in a public forum they are unlikely to voice those opinions, but China is a vastly different place than it was ten years ago.

My dealings with metropoles and friends and business partners in Shanghai and similar cities is that they have now travelled a lot, dealed with foreigners a lot and on the whole dont really care about Taiwan. Especially those who have travelled to Taiwan or deal a lot with Taiwanese. Of course in a public forum they are unlikely to voice those opinions, but China is a vastly different place than it was ten years ago.[/quote]

Thats the younger generation at least.