Nazi paraphernalia on sale at Banqiao station?

Hell, people are still selling Confederate battle flags- just wave the swastika and and say “Heritage not hate. Of course we don’t support the Holocaust, we’re just doing this in memory of those brave soldiers at Stalingrad.”

1 Like

:laughing:

I still think “Hitler English” would make a great name for a buxiban.

1 Like

That’s how I read your Filipino reference, and I think that’s how it was intended to be read.

If I’m over sensitive to the antisemitism thing that would be because it comes up every time you note the human rights abuses committed in the name of Judaism. I’ve never once experienced a Filipino trying to silence critics under similar circumstances by suggesting they were ‘anti-Filipino’.

The rationale behind your mention of being Jewish seemed to be along the lines that it was a factor in your being offended.

I think everyone agrees the Nazis were bad. Nothing controversial there. It’s a point that scarcely needs to be made.

The correlation between Nazism and the genital mutilation issue is that you cannot discuss genital mutilation without facing accusations that you are really antisemitic and may have a secret agenda that includes another Holocaust. It’s a great way to shut people up. It also exploits the Holocaust in rather an unsavory manner.

I’m a little tired of exaggerated sensitivity around the Holocaust and the usual reflexive herd responses. I’m also tired of watching witch hunts whipped up over trivialities that see the target hounded by media, sometimes with their careers and lives ruined.

You are rarely shy to tell everyone what to think, what to say, and even what words to use (e.g., use of the word ‘homosexual’ makes a person suspect, while ‘gay’ indicates ideological purity).

But on genital mutilation you seem to have nothing much to say.

But that’s just such a dick thing to write - using words such as ‘exaggerated’ and ‘herd’. So dismissive, as if you don’t believe anyone could possibly be genuinely upset.

It’s also incredibly easy not to get hounded out of your career for not publically being a dickslap. Seriously, if I can avoid being fired for being an arsehole, anyone can.

Me? I’m a little tired of bad manners masquerading as ‘free speech liberal common sense decent guy’ shit.

1 Like

True on the latter one, but I don’t recall ever telling anyone how to think.

Circumcision is not an issue I’ve spent much time thinking about or researching, and I believe in collecting data and evidence and letting that speak for itself in the decision process. This conversation has been an interesting one, and I do plan to spend some time reflecting on the odd practice of foreskin cutting, but I’m not likely to debate it until I know more.

I’m not Jewish, but Kiwi’s posts reek of antisemitism simply because of his weird obsession with bashing Jews for circumcision.

Good ol’ Christian 'Mericans are the ones pushing circumcision today. Parents who don’t want their kids to look different in the locker room, girls who think uncircumcised members are dirty, policy makers pushing the health benefits to justify the continued practice. Those are the arguments that I usually see. This is the first time I’ve seen someone use Jewish blood libel as an argument. WTF?!

I thought the blood sacrifice thing was kind of WTF, too, but he has a point in that children don’t get a say in whether or not they’re circumcised, and any benefits of circumcision are questionable at best. Watching my nephew’s briss (circumcision) ceremony a few years ago was actually pretty shocking.

Oh, I’m very anti-circumcision, but I don’t think antisemitic arguments do the anti-circumcision side any favors.

Interesting cultural diffs thing here. The funny thing is that the muppet actually defends this shit by saying “The figure is based on a typical German. We believe that all Germans look like that.” :laughing:

I can totally imagine the ignorant Taiwanese laoban say in the CNA/Apple Daily/… interview:

"Oh we just chose the name because we want our students to be as strong as Hitler, Hitler was a strong man! Also, we love our students just like Hitler loved his nation. Taiwan is far away from Europe, we are not really sure what the conflict between Hitler and the Jews was about. Foreigners think too much, we are friendly and passionate in Taiwan ! "

IF you name your bushiban “Hitler English”, you MUST call the teachers “Grammar Nazis.”

The annual play would be a riot.

Saw this recently

tsds

too small didn’t see

held on Kristallnacht, presumably?

Baby steps, geez.

saw this place last night. this place used to be an American burger joint, with the US and Taiwan flag on the front door.

It’s now a hair salon called Berlin (柏林), but I don’t understand why they felt the need to go with that design.

My god. That is so wrong on so many levels, are these people retarded or something?

Has anyone been to The Eagle’s Nest (Kehlsteinhaus) on Obersalzberg? Have one friend saying why should we make such a big deal about it, they sell NAZI themed souvenirs at the Eagle’s Nest as well.

Is that true?

If so, is it ok to sell NAZI themed souvenirs just because it’s a place historically tied to the NAZI party?

If they can sell NAZI themed souvenirs at the Eagle’s Nest based on historical reasons, all souvenir shops in Nuremberg probably should be able to sell them too?