Need advice for buying second hand scooter

I am thinking to buy a scooter (a big one) and I am choosing between second hand Majesty 125, SYM RV 150 and Dink 150. Does anyone of you have this kind of scooter? Which is better? I love driving long distance during weekends and I am quite tall that’s why I am looking for a bigger scooter and can ride it comfortably on long distance tour. Hope you guys can help me to decide which one is better.
By the way, I live in Taichung area, can someone recommend where to buy trustworthy second hand scooter shop around Taichung? Thank you in advance.

Hey @cycool

If you’re on FB, try making a post there on this group. Lots of enthusiasts there that can help you with your above questions.

I had the Dink 250cc and a Majesty. Majesty is more comfy, but try to get the 150cc at least. It is a big scooter, the little more power will be helpful in mountain roads.

I have tried Majesty when I was still in Chungli and it is really comfortable when driving long distance but I haven’t tried SYM RV 150 or DINK yet. How much does it cost upgrading majesty 125 to 150cc? do you have any idea?

By the way I saw a second hand scooter shop at Taoyuan (阿宏機車行), the owner seems to be nice but I am not sure if he is selling good scooters. Does anyone here have bought a scooter from that shop?

@Yang_Gui_Zi might know, he’s in Zhongli.

His store is near Taoyuan City Governent

No idea. Google maps puts that shop in Tainan.

I’d actually use the FB page if I was looking for a used bike.

Yep actually in google it showed me the same shop name in Tainan. I will just visit his shop this weekend and see for myself.

I second this. Robby, who runs the FB group, has been on this island longer than many of us have and knows the ins and outs of the scooter/motorcycle industry pretty well. He also knows some shops in Taoyuan/Zhongli and Taipei that have English speaking mechanics and staff on hand to help.

Tried joining the group but once I requested to join it is being cancelled after a while and I don’t know why :disappointed_relieved:

Is your FB name the same as the one on your Forumosa profile? I"ll let the FB group admin know that you’re not spam.

it’s my full name including my middle name, i used Paul Bade here to shorten it :sweat_smile:

Thank you ranlee just talked to Robby and got approved, thank you for the help.

1 Like

Bought a second hand Majesty 125 at Taoyuan (阿宏機車行) but I won’t recommend this second hand scooter shop, they did not check all the things needed to be checked or basic maintenance before releasing the scooter (change oil, change gear oil, fill-up radiator coolant, change air filter). I had it checked here in Taichung with the most trusted shop in Shengang (聯安機車行), i definitely recommend this shop because they won’t over charge you and gives you advice on your scooter, most of the owner of Majesty 125 recommends this shop. Anyway, lesson learned…don’t trust any second hand scooter shop unless you knew the shop owner for a long time or bring a mechanic with you. Still thankful that my engine is still in good condition.