need help on how to get authentification from TRO London UK (for Certificate & Transcript)

Hi, guys

I am an Indonesian but I graduated my bachelor degree from University of East London (UEL). I want to continue my master degree in Taiwan. However, I got some issue on authentication my UEL certificate and transcript.

Unfortunately, Taipei Representative office in Indonesia does not accept foreign document for authentication. They told me that I should contacted Taipei Representative Office in UK for authentication matters.

Thus, there are service for authenticating my document via postage like DHL/FEDEX? Because , currently I can’t afford to go to UK by myself for just authentication my documents

In addition, I already contacted a solicitor from London (Premier Solicitors), and this is their respond:

"I confirm that unfortunately you or someone would
need to personally attend in front of the Notary with the original
Education Certificates and their ID documents. I would then be able to
obtain an Apostille and Embassy stamp on your behalf.

I would need to get an quote from the Chinese
Embassy once you have confirmed that someone will be able to personally
attend our offices. "

Really need information regarding this matters.

Thank you

In the first place, don’t bother with a solicitor, the UK government will legalise your degree certificate and then you can send it on to the Taipei representative office for the apostille. See instructions on this web page https://www.get-document-legalised.service.gov.uk/select-service for getting it legalised.

Obviously there’s a bit of back and forth on the international postage so it’s going to take a while. I bet you wish you’d thought of this while you were in the UK. Get it sent off soon, every second counts.

The process for getting the apostille is pretty straightforward, just a case of sending off the legalised certificate, application form and self-paid envelope.

I’d suggest you call/email the Taipei representative office in the UK to confirm details though, or check their webpage. http://www.roc-taiwan.org/uk_en/post/27.html

1 Like

thank you for the respond, your info is really great and I’m gonna try it asap after I’m confirm it with them (UK gov. and TRO)

thanks mate, probably gonna save lot of quids better than take a flight to London