Netflix is here! and it no longer sucks

I was hyped to get the Netflix free service, but every movie I search for isn’t there. What gives? Why would I pay for this service when I already can get these movies free?

Oh and they want to charge $330/month. That’s comical.

Get hola then you can use American Netflix.

And torrent is always your friend.

[quote=“calitotaiwan”]I was hyped to get the Netflix free service, but every movie I search for isn’t there. What gives? Why would I pay for this service when I already can get these movies free?

Oh and they want to charge $330/month. That’s comical.[/quote]

Netflix was never a free service. Not sure where you got that idea. Yes, I know they are offering the first month free, but that’s just promotional.

As far as the content (or lack there of), I believe it has something to do with country specific copyrights and target demographic. Have a buddy who recently signed up for it and is trying out a service which allows you to see/watch the content from all countries.

https://www.smartflix.io/

300 is too expensive here though. Should have set the price point in line with local wages. 200 would be a killer price and people would drop MOD

I use Torrents on Demand, the prices are very competitive and there’s a wide selection of everything.

Netflix has Chinese subtitles which means can watch with friends and family easily.

Taiwanese TV is awful, content is awful. The only show everyone watched has just been taken off air.

Netflix could dominate the market, if it got its pricing right.

Whatever about the content issues 300 ntd is NOT too expensive for Taiwanese people, Taiwan has plenty of middle class people who can easily afford that.

Whatever about the content issues 300 ntd is NOT too expensive for Taiwanese people, Taiwan has plenty of middle class people who can easily afford that.[/quote]

Could have priced 200 and made more. 300 is the US price.

Whatever about the content issues 300 ntd is NOT too expensive for Taiwanese people, Taiwan has plenty of middle class people who can easily afford that.[/quote]

The reason “sharing” cable is quite popular is that many people find the 500 ntd basic monthly bill unbearable. 1000 or so for home Internet is considered “expensive”.

That said, it would be interesting to see how MOD -the closest similar product available here- reacts to the newcomer.

Reckon Netflix will need to acquire at least 3-4 top Korean dramas if people were to choose it over MOD

That’s all they have to do and they can ramp up sales. That will cover most of the female audience in one go. Netflix just opened worldwide suddenly as they want to occupy the market space before other operators, however their offering is piss poor to be honest!

Apparently some Taiwanese companies will be trying streaming services. LETV in China is super, super cash rich and I imagine that they will enter the Taiwan market sooner or later.

I haven’t seen any mention of it so I want to plug this site: vmus.co/

They are free and have a large variety of TV shows, all with Chinese subtitles. They get stuff very quickly after it airs. It’s supposed to work with Chromecast, which is looking to be the best option right now. I’m tired of the expensive low-quality cable here myself.

I just signed a contract with MOD for the full package… 100M Internet, digital video and cable, HD.
I got it because it’s still a lot easier for the kids to use and they have all the local stuff too. Although my wife does spend more time watching streamed Korean soaps online! Chunghua telecoms 2 year contracts are a pain in the ass.

Vmus have Game of Thrones, and some other cool shows, like Rosemary’s Baby. Haven’t got it to work yet… the UI is a little clunky. Thanks for the mention.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]I just signed a contract with MOD for the full package… 100M Internet, digital video and cable, HD.
I got it because it’s still a lot easier for the kids to use and they have all the local stuff too. Although my wife does spend more time watching streamed Korean soaps online! Chunghua telecoms 2 year contracts are a pain in the ass.[/quote]

I tell you, everyone fears the Chinese, but it is the Koreans that are conquering the world! Korean electronics, Korean house appliances, Korean movies and soap operas… PSY. Muchas gracias for Daniel Henney.

Netflix just doesn’t have things I want to watch. Not even the American rendition. The old movies I want to watch are never on it…torrent is way better.

What Netflix Taiwan is not like Netflix in the US!? How dare they try to tailor the product to the local market , what were they thinking?

No they haven’t really tailored it to the local market, no Asian stuff at all almost. It’s just a copy and paste of some
Bits of American programming. Even for Europeans it’s a bit meh.

[quote=“headhonchoII”]No they haven’t really tailored it to the local market, no Asian stuff at all almost. It’s just a copy and paste of some
Bits of American programming. Even for Europeans it’s a bit meh.[/quote]
I’m curious how fast it’ll change. Breaking Bad wasn’t there in the first couple of days, and then it showed up. I have a faint hope they’ll ramp up content.