New Business Ideas plausible in Taiwan

I can think of several successful restaurants run by foreigners in Taiwan. I imagine we all can. I think there will always be possibilities in this area because locals without overseas living experience almost always get so many small things wrong when it comes to the western food experience.

Thanks for sharing!

What was the one thing you learnt and took away from Elias?

Sure, we’re talking western food but you know the expat population in Taiwan is very limited. So no matter what you are going to have to make sure the locals like the food, and furthermore you must have a good location, and good location means all your profit goes to your landlord.

And anything could fail your business, even a 1 star rating from a vindictive customer could destroy you.

How many million NTD would you need to have on hand before your business can sustain itself.

Man landlords really make a ton of money.

1 Like

Cryotherapy

And locals don’t give damn about that because they can’t compare with the original.

Maybe it’s different with European food but for some common American foods, locals can get close to the real thing but tend to get details wrong, like having sweet pickles on the side with a sandwich instead of dill, or adding corn to a salad, or too much lettuce (or the hard end part of lettuce) on a hamburger, etc.