New Cheese Guy

I hope he can make a decent Quebecois-style curd. I know at least one young entrepreneur that would place a decent monthly order.

@Whalens_restaurant

1 Like

Interesting indeed. Found this article:

http://beyondertimes.com/?p=791

This is their website:

This solves the whole “where can I find cream cheese” dilemma which gave rise to this forum in the first place.

Or does it?

Wasn’t the elusive product sour cream?

Yeah, @Charlie_Phillips appears to be somewhat fromaginally challenged there.
Cream cheese you can get at pretty much any supermarket, sour cream was the old standby for WCIF. Anyways, he’s selling crème fraîche, which I didn’t even know what it is, until 2 minutes ago.

http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-sour-cream-and-crme-frache-203467

:banana:in Henry, I ain’t seen him in ages. Did I hear it right? Did the reporter say he came to Taiwan in 2009? Because I knew him easily 11 or 12 years before that.

Yes, you are right. Years of alcohol and self-abuse are starting to show. It was sour cream.

Come on, man.
Alcohol, OK, but self-abuse???
You’re being kind of hard on brother @Toe_Save, wouldn’t you say??

Cottage cheese too. Have heard a few people ask for that over the years.

I wasn’t trying to rub him up the wrong way. It was a simple confession…

1 Like

Or cottage cheese?

“Blessed are the cheesemakers.” - Cheeses of Nazareth

Heard on the radio here in calif bout an American setting up cheese making in Taichung
This the guy?

I’d say that’s a pretty safe bet. He would seem to have a knack for getting US media exposure.

Has anyone here actually tried their cheese yet? I’m curious to know what people think of it

When he finally gets around to whipping up some real authentic Cheez Whiz, then I’ll be impressed.

Gee whiz, give a guy a slice of parmesan and he wants the whole wheel.

1 Like

You can make it yourself, you know. Margarine, turnips, air, and chemicals. Opposable thumbs may be required.

Honestly, your sort will eat literally anything.

Fun fact: cheez whiz used to be made with actual cheese, back in the days when it was illegal to sell non-food items as comestibles.

They got no decent turnips here, man, or I would have done it years ago.

1 Like

I wonder how he sorts out his work permit.

He’s married, no worries there.

Like I said, he’s been here for 20-some years, I’m sure he’s APRC’d up, or maybe even naturalised.