New Employment Gold Card - how it will affect insurance?

I have been searching but can’t find any information on how health and labor insurance contributions would work under the new Employment Gold Card scheme. It is my understanding that at present, the company with which you have a full-time work permit has to pay a contribution and any employers that provide you a part-time work permit don’t need to (at least that’s what my places of work have led me to believe). I am wondering how this is going to work if your work permit is no longer tied to a specific employer, as will be the case with the Employment Gold Card. Any ideas?

That’s not what the Labor Insurance Act and the regulations for part-time employment say.

If you have a “labor contract” (usually the same thing as an “employment contract”), and your employer is subject to compulsory insurance under Art. 6 of the LIA or has already established a labor insurance unit (for those that are subject to Art. 8), labor insurance is compulsory. Most likely your employers just don’t want to pay the premiums.

Not being tied to a specific employer puts you in the same situation as a person with a JFRV-ARC, an APRC, or a WHV, unless the new law says otherwise.

Thanks for your response. So each employee, even if only part time, needs to make a labor insurance contribution. I don’t suppose you know if the same applies to health insurance?

Also, I’ve tried to have a look at how it works for APRC, etc. holders, but I can’t seem to find this out. Is it just the same - each employer and employee has to pay a contribution for each job?

For labor insurance (I’ll look up health insurance later if no-one else knows), the APRC doesn’t make a difference. It just means you don’t need an employer-specific work permit, i.e. the APRC affects your permission to work (in accordance with the Employment Service Act), not each employer’s contractual obligations.

Labor Insurance Act
http://law.moj.gov.tw/Eng/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?PCode=N0050001

Summary:

• Art. 6 lists employers subject to compulsory insurance
  • Art. 8 lists employers subject to voluntary insurance
  • The Bureau of Labor Insurance considers buxibans neither companies nor firms (行號), so they fall under Art. 8.
  • Art. 6 lists self-employed members of unions, but non-unionized self-employed persons are apparently excluded. They wouldn’t fit under Art. 8 Par. 1 Subpar. 1 or 2 because there’s no employment relationship, but I’m not sure if they could be considered employers themselves and therefore fit under Subpar. 3. :idunno:

找不到網頁 (if the link doesn’t work just go to www.mol.gov.tw and search for 僱用部分時間工作勞工應行注意事項)

捌、勞工保險與就業保險
一、年滿15歲以上,65歲以下,受僱於僱用勞工5人以上事業單位之部分工時勞工,應依勞工保險條例第6條規定由雇主辦理加保。至於僱用勞工未滿5人之事業單位部分工時勞工,依勞工保險條例第8條規定,得自願加保。惟雇主如已為所屬勞工申報加保者,其僱用之部分工時勞工,亦應辦理加保。

Summary: part-time workers cannot be excluded from labor insurance on the basis of their part-time status. It’s followed by a similar provision for employment insurance and then by a note about insured salary levels for part-time workers being lower in some cases.

http://www.bli.gov.tw/sub.aspx?a=vlFL360rbkE%3D (if the link doesn’t work just go to www.bli.gov.tw and search for 勞動部103年6月27日勞動保2字第1030140226號函)

雇主依勞工保險條例第8條第1項第1款至第2款規定成立投保單位者,應為僱用之全部員工辦理參加勞工保險。

依勞工保險條例第8條準用第6條之規定,雇主依第8條第1項第1款至第2款規定成立投保單位者,應為所僱用之全部員工辦理參加勞工保險,以保障渠等員工之勞保權益。本部改制前之行政院勞工委員會81年11月11日台81勞保2字第06520號函及82年2月13日台82勞保2字第04239號函,有關依同條例第8條第1項第1款及第2款所規定之勞工,如其表示自願參加勞保,雇主即有強制承諾之義務,如未加保致權益受損,則有上開第72條規定之適用部分,自即日起停止適用。

勞動部103年6月27日勞動保2字第1030140226號函

Summary: once an Art. 8 employer voluntarily registers one worker, it must register all workers, even if the workers do not request to be registered (i.e. it ceases to be voluntary).

As for the health insurance, here is the answer, though in Chinese.

Summary: you will get a health insurance through your main job, when you have two or more jobs. Main job is the one with the longest work hours. If work hours are the same, the one with more salary.

同時具有兩種以上工作者,應以何種身分參加健保?
如同時具有專任工作與兼職工作者,應以專任職務之工作參加全民健康保險。
第二類被保險人不得為第三類被保險人,
第一類至第三類被保險人不得為第四類及第六類被保險人。
同一類具有二種以上被保險人資格者,應以主要工作之身分參加全民健保,主要工作之認定,應以被保險人日常實際從事有酬工作時間之長短為認定標準,如工作時間長短相同時,以收入多寡認定。

Thank you so much for your help.

So just to confirm, if you have a part-time employer in addition to a full-time employer, the part-time employer does not contribute to health insurance? But, this part-time employer still must contribute to labour insurance if they already have workers registered for insurance?